Have we been sussed

They Gnu

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, DBBTB said:

You are missing my point completely.

It’s unquestionably a shite result that could have a massive baring on the title, no cunt is denying that, but we didn’t drop points last night because teams have sussed us out or because every player in our team has turned into a fucking shite player overnight and that’s the type of stuff you read on here time and time again after any poor result. After every poor result people come on here and act like they want to throw the baby out with the bathwater and it’s a fucking nonsense.

Last night we completely fucked it for ourselves by becoming complacent when we thought we had the game won after half an hour and that complacency leading to lazy mistakes. It was nothing to do with Aberdeen “sussing us out”.

I disagree. As others have pointed out on here and I have felt for ages, the minute we are pressed then Goldson, Tav and Helander start to become bullied. They are not tough enough at the best of times but under pressure they are soft touches in one on one scenarios. Goldson in particular does not stand up to, or bully attackers of any size or ability. The combo in the right half of defence of Tav and Goldson is a joke and the source of easy pickings for teams who attack that area. I truly fear them being swamped and humiliated on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Then we have Defoe, a class act, who's cameo appearances are becoming a rarity. Is he now just a mascot? It was obvious on Wednesday Alfie was toiling, so why no Defoe?!

I was thinking the same as the 2nd half wore on.   Morelos was having an off night and was clearly not his usual clinical self (which is fair enough obv, he's been magnificent all season). But why not sub him for Defoe around the hour mark. Defoe has proved to be a "super sub" numerous times and I was told his return of goals per minutes played is actually better than Alfies (not sure if that's true but he certainly has been banging them in when given the chance to play). 

Time and again Gerrard waits too long to make substitutions and seldom makes the kind that are going to significantly alter the course of games. Come on Stevie ffs, be brave!

Archived