Well done Great gesture

STEVEN GERRARD and his Rangers stars have clubbed together to buy 15 iPads for patients in a Glasgow hospice.

Strict coronavirus lockdown restrictions mean terminally ill residents are unable to see friends and family during this difficult time.

But big-hearted Ibrox playing and management staff have dug into their pockets to help Marie Curie patients keep in touch with loved ones.

Gers captain James Tavernier said: “I’m delighted our squad has again come together to make this donation to a very worthy cause in our local community.

“Like everyone else, it’s tough not being able to see friends and family through this period, but I can imagine that is made even worse when living with a terminal illness.

“We felt, therefore, this was the very least we can do, and it makes me proud to be the captain of this football club that we have been able to assist.”

The Marie Curie charity is playing a vital role at this time to support the NHS by freeing up intensive care beds to help relieve pressure on hospitals.

Yet at a time when Marie Curie services are needed more than ever, many of the charity’s fundraising events and activities have been postponed or cancelled.

Now, the organisation have launched an emergency appeal to raise the £250,000 a week it needs to run its Scottish services.

The Hospice's Glasgow manager, Irene Johnstone, said: “Words can’t express our gratitude to Rangers for this incredible gift for our inpatients.

"Technology has never been so vital to keep in touch with each other.

"It is difficult for patients at any time being away from home, but just now it is an indescribable pain being separated from loved ones.”

Well done ,such a difficult time for places like these just now ,they can’t do the fund raising that they can during normal times and provide a service that’s still desperately required despite the focus being on Covid19 ,

And through no fault of their own only poor timing these patients in hospices just now are having limited visits from family and friends ,My Mrs works in hospice care and in the last few weeks it’s been limited to 1 visitor per patient for the whole of their stay ,So not only a generous offer it’s an extremely thoughtful one and I’m sure the patients and families will appreciate it 

Archived