Unexpected start to the Premiership

Danny

It's been a pretty interesting first couple of games in England.

First off, the four big boys; Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd have all stumbled in their opening fixtures. Utd have already dropped four points which is astonishing given their opponents were Reading and Portsmouth. Chelsea have ground out 2 victories but their defence is shaky at best. Arsenal only JUST managed to open with a win after being held for the majority of that game. And Liverpool managed an unconvincing victory with a misfiring Torres.

Spurs have opened shockingly - being gubbed twice in a row - they have quality but it hasn't come close to clicking, and their defence is even worse than Chelsea's.

The surprise package so far is Man City. Two wins outta 2 and they look like a team who could finish top 7 if they keep this up - their play is a lot more attacking than SGE's England was. He seems to be a lot more suited to club management than international.

Also, expect to see currently 5th placed Newcastle do a lot better under Alardyce than they have in previous seasons.

Of course, it's a marathon not a sprint, but it's always nice to see different clubs excelling.

I tipped Everton for 4th a few weeks back and they have had a great start too, I hope they can keep it up!

They seem to be a very 'every other season' team. One season they're lousy, the next they do really well. Last season they did well. Which suggests this season may be a poor one. We will see.

I tipped Everton for 4th a few weeks back and they have had a great start too, I hope they can keep it up!

They seem to be a very 'every other season' team. One season they're lousy, the next they do really well. Last season they did well. Which suggests this season may be a poor one. We will see.

Its strange but correct.

Yeah this should be their lousy season. I hope it's not though.

I'm actually developing something of a soft spot for Everton!

Looks like they are going to sign Fernanades tonight though and if they get Yakubu then they will have strengthened enormously without as much attention as say West Ham or Spurs have had. If they can keep their starting team fit then that could work in their favour.

I'm not surprised with Man City, let's just hope they can keep it up with a win over United this weekend.

this early in the season with City, I don't put much stock in their form. Bit like Wigan a few years ago, IMO.

There is one team in the UK that has played 5 games league and euro, scored 9 goals, and conceded none; yet their supports still think that they are pish. Anyone care to venture a guess?

Cowdenleachy Utd :)