Gate Profit v. Wage Bill

What is the yearly gate profit for Rangers do you think?

I always find it interesting looking at what they bring in through ticket sales compared to what they pay the team. Does anyone know this information? I suppose you could try to include concession sales as well.

Maybe we could try to calculate this out. Would you assume the club makes a fair profit from the fans after the wages are paid?

Rangers arent a PLC so any profits do not go directly to the shareholders. Any profits we make are reinvested within the club (supposedly). If you want an accurate idea you can find the annual report on the Rangers website.

I was just looking for a little bit of generic math.

# of seats * average price * home games =

wage bill =

CR - I remember reading something a little while ago (I think during Ecks run) that said that gate Receipts, even at Rangers, do not even come close to even covering the players wages

wage bill =

CR - I remember reading something a little while ago (I think during Ecks run) that said that gate Receipts, even at Rangers, do not even come close to even covering the players wages

Unfortunate.

I guess that is the benefit of North America sports where in Hockey and Basketball you get 41 home games and a % of away profit...and in baseball that is 81 home games and some of the away profit.

wage bill =

Unfortunate.

I guess that is the benefit of North America sports where in Hockey and Basketball you get 41 home games and a % of away profit...and in baseball that is 81 home games and some of the away profit.

That would not favour us tho as we have a much larger stadium and following in comparison to the majority of the teams in our league.

We make roughly about £17/18million in season ticket revenue alone per season I would estimate. This I would assume does not cover the wage bill.

wage bill =

Unfortunate.

That would not favour us tho as we have a much larger stadium and following in comparison to the majority of the teams in our league.

We make roughly about £17/18million in season ticket revenue alone per season I would estimate. This I would assume does not cover the wage bill.

If you take the average season ticket price at approx £500 and consider there were approx 40000plus season ticket holder that = £20 million alone , then add in the extra paying customers at approx £28 per ticket by say 9000 ( average crowd was just under 50,000 )= £2.5 million . that adds up to approx £22.5 million not including cup games and replays etc

wage bill =

Unfortunate.

If you take the average season ticket price at approx £500 and consider there were approx 40000plus season ticket holder that = £20 million alone , then add in the extra paying customers at approx £28 per ticket by say 9000 ( average crowd was just under 50,000 )= £2.5 million . that adds up to approx £22.5 million not including cup games and replays etc

The majority dont pay £500 for a season book, the average is around the £400 mark if u take into account season tickets in the broomie and obviously concession season tickets. I was referring only to season tickets income. There is more revenue obviously from cups, europe and additonal SPL matchday sales (tu)

wage bill =

Unfortunate.

We make roughly about ?17/18million in season ticket revenue alone per season I would estimate. This I would assume does not cover the wage bill.

If you take the average season ticket price at approx ?500 and consider there were approx 40000plus season ticket holder that = ?20 million alone , then add in the extra paying customers at approx ?28 per ticket by say 9000 ( average crowd was just under 50,000 )= ?2.5 million . that adds up to approx ?22.5 million not including cup games and replays etc

The majority dont pay ?500 for a season book, the average is around the ?400 mark if u take into account season tickets in the broomie and obviously concession season tickets. I was referring only to season tickets income. There is more revenue obviously from cups, europe and additonal SPL matchday sales (tu)

You have to take into consideration the bar 72 prices are just under £1000 , my club deck ticket is £672 , my mates in the Govan are over £550 and that doesn't include the main stand box holders who are paying well in excell of £1500 , I was being very conservative with the £500 mark ..... SORRY just noticed the ONLY SEASON TICKET part of your post , however I still think that the £500 is very conservative

wage bill =

Unfortunate.

We make roughly about ?17/18million in season ticket revenue alone per season I would estimate. This I would assume does not cover the wage bill.

If you take the average season ticket price at approx ?500 and consider there were approx 40000plus season ticket holder that = ?20 million alone , then add in the extra paying customers at approx ?28 per ticket by say 9000 ( average crowd was just under 50,000 )= ?2.5 million . that adds up to approx ?22.5 million not including cup games and replays etc

The majority dont pay ?500 for a season book, the average is around the ?400 mark if u take into account season tickets in the broomie and obviously concession season tickets. I was referring only to season tickets income. There is more revenue obviously from cups, europe and additonal SPL matchday sales (tu)

You have to take into consideration the bar 72 prices are just under £1000 , my club deck ticket is £672 , my mates in the Govan are over £550 and that doesn't include the main stand box holders who are paying well in excell of £1500 , I was being very conservative with the £500 mark ..... SORRY just noticed the ONLY SEASON TICKET part of your post , however I still think that the £500 is very conservative

Aye but some tickets are about £300 bucks in other stands and then the kids prices are like a third of that. It all balances out.

wage bill =

Unfortunate.

Aye but some tickets are about £300 bucks in other stands and then the kids prices are like a third of that. It all balances out.

Appreciate that , however I do not believe Rangers have a high percentage of Kids /concessions , I remember two years ago the figure of £26 million being quoted at the agm for money being brought in from season tickets and that was when we had less season ticket holders than we do now . The only way to know for sure would be to get a break down from somebody in the know regarding the make up of our season ticket support , how we get that I have no idea as I cannot see the club releasing that information

wage bill =

Unfortunate.

Appreciate that , however I do not believe Rangers have a high percentage of Kids /concessions , I remember two years ago the figure of £26 million being quoted at the agm for money being brought in from season tickets and that was when we had less season ticket holders than we do now . The only way to know for sure would be to get a break down from somebody in the know regarding the make up of our season ticket support , how we get that I have no idea as I cannot see the club releasing that information

Agreed m8 we can only really speculate 2bh!!!

From the 2007 accounts:

Ticket sales and TV income £31.3m

Staff costs £24.3m

£7m Profit

I'm right and saying..... Walter has just spent the Transfer budget/Profit on Miller,Velicka and Lafferty? :unsure:

I know we should make Money back on Cousin..... etc, but it's IMO it's looking like we'll need to cash in on either McGregor,Cuellar, or Thomson to make sure we stay in the Black! :unsure: