Extreme frustration

paul73

Forgive me as i am no doubt going over old ground here but i'm only able to dip in and out of forum when i can.

My issue is the seemingly poor financial management at ibrox in the last few years which has led to the position we find ourselves in now. For a team of our stature, being champions, automatic qualification for CL and the £10-15 coming our way. Not being able to buy a couple of players is nothing short of a disgrace.

In last couple of seasons we sold Hutton, Cuellar and got to UEFA Cup Final. I know we spent a few quid last year but it's this excuse of no european football last season affecting funds, that gets me! We were continually told that Rangers did not include potential european income in their annual budget plans. Then why such financial fallout now? Not the credit cruch to blame!

Not to strengthen the team further at this time will only come back to bite is even more financially! What is going on at Ibrox?

Forgive me as i am no doubt going over old ground here but i'm only able to dip in and out of forum when i can.

My issue is the seemingly poor financial management at ibrox in the last few years which has led to the position we find ourselves in now. For a team of our stature, being champions, automatic qualification for CL and the £10-15 coming our way. Not being able to buy a couple of players is nothing short of a disgrace.

In last couple of seasons we sold Hutton, Cuellar and got to UEFA Cup Final. I know we spent a few quid last year but it's this excuse of no european football last season affecting funds, that gets me! We were continually told that Rangers did not include potential european income in their annual budget plans. Then why such financial fallout now? Not the credit cruch to blame!

Not to strengthen the team further at this time will only come back to bite is even more financially! What is going on at Ibrox?

We could atleast get Ross Tokley for £10 to £15 :craphead:

I understand where you are coming from on this subject. The Debt has to be much higher than the £20million quoted as if it was only £20million then between the Season ticket sales, CL & European Money money and sale of big name players over the last few years then it should be almost wiped out.

I think its about time they told the fans the truth about whats happening

the loss to kaunas will haunt us financially for years to come

even if murray didnt budget in the CL money last season, he certainly also didnt plan on having to pump 19 mill into the team and STILL be left with the likes of hemdani, darcheville etc staying and claiming wages

I agree something is not right. The team have been more successful than expected from a financial point of view since smith took over

Also this is the season when we will need more depth with guaranteed european football to Christmas at least.

This bit of economising could cost us in the long run