Whiitaker = Team Player

cooper1989

Love his comments here....

STEVEN WHITTAKER put the team first before personal glory when the he passed up the chance of the first hat-trick of his career.

The marauding full back scored twice in the 4-1 win over Hamilton and had the chance of a Treble but chose to pass to Pedro Mendes who had his effort saved by Thomas Cerny.

He said: "I have never scored a hat-trick before and it was obviously in my mind.

"I had the chance to shoot when I got the ball outside of the box but I felt that Pedro was in a better position and passed to him.

"In fairness to him he hit a great shot for the top corner and Cerny pulled off a great save.

"It would have been nice to score my first haf-trick but the key was to win the match and we did that."

Whittaker gave Rangers the lead with a terrific low drive on the right side of the box and the scored a sensational second when he curled a left foot shot past Cerny after a Kris Boyd double.

He said: "At Ibrox it is also vital to score as early as possible so I was pleased to score the first goal and settle the game down.

"I was really happy with the second goal. I played a one-two with Steve Davis and managed to find the corner with my left foot."

Davis, who was superb all day, also set up Whittaker for his first goal and the two of them are working very well together,

Whittaker added: "Davo is great to play with. He and I seem to work well together and long may it continue."

btw.. was anyone here at the match yesterday? How close was Pedro's shot to going in the top corner?

STEVEN WHITTAKER put the team first before personal glory when the he passed up the chance of the first hat-trick of his career.

The marauding full back scored twice in the 4-1 win over Hamilton and had the chance of a Treble but chose to pass to Pedro Mendes who had his effort saved by Thomas Cerny.

He said: "I have never scored a hat-trick before and it was obviously in my mind.

"I had the chance to shoot when I got the ball outside of the box but I felt that Pedro was in a better position and passed to him.

"In fairness to him he hit a great shot for the top corner and Cerny pulled off a great save.

"It would have been nice to score my first haf-trick but the key was to win the match and we did that."

Whittaker gave Rangers the lead with a terrific low drive on the right side of the box and the scored a sensational second when he curled a left foot shot past Cerny after a Kris Boyd double.

He said: "At Ibrox it is also vital to score as early as possible so I was pleased to score the first goal and settle the game down.

"I was really happy with the second goal. I played a one-two with Steve Davis and managed to find the corner with my left foot."

Davis, who was superb all day, also set up Whittaker for his first goal and the two of them are working very well together,

Whittaker added: "Davo is great to play with. He and I seem to work well together and long may it continue."

btw.. was anyone here at the match yesterday? How close was Pedro's shot to going in the top corner?

Yeah It was heading to the top corner, and Cerny thought about diving then realized he was close enough to catch it standing up. :lol:

Yeah It was heading to the top corner, and Cerny thought about diving then realized he was close enough to catch it standing up. :lol:

OK then.... So what you're suggesting is that Pedro should have aimed for about 6 yards outside the post? Gotta love the movement oor Pedro gets on the ball.

I simply cannot wait to see Pedro in the CL... He knows what's it's about. Total class.

OK then.... So what you're suggesting is that Pedro should have aimed for about 6 yards outside the post? Gotta love the movement oor Pedro gets on the ball.

I simply cannot wait to see Pedro in the CL... He knows what's it's about. Total class.

No, Mendes done everything right by curling it to the top corner, but it was funny to watch Cerny reaction.