Managers Mail

BLUEDIGNITY

Euro Stars Must Dig Deep

THERE is no doubt that everyone is thrilled with last night's terrific victory over Bursaspor which has given a huge boost to our Champions League aspirations.

However, we hardly have any time to savour the win because we are back in action on Saturday lunchtime at Tynecastle where we know we must do everything in our power to protect our 100 per cent SPL record.

We played very well last night and started very well in the first half hour of the match.

We got our goal in that period and it was a good goal from Stevie Naismith who is on great form for us right now.

As usual in the Champions League, we had one or two problems after that but our players did very well to handle that.

I said before the game we had to find a better balance in terms of attacking and I felt we went some way towards that.

In the periods in the game when we had better opportunities, I think we showed ourselves to be a better side in an attacking sense.

Whatever faults my team might have, you can't fault them for their commitment and their work-rate. That's what delights me more than anything.

The matches seem to be coming thick and fast and it's a big ask for our players when you consider they came back to win at Pittodrie last Sunday, played in the Champions League last night and now they go to Tynecastle on Saturday lunchtime.

It's another difficult place for us to go and try to get a win. There is a terrific atmosphere there and we know what we have to face when we go there.

We've made a good start to the season and we want to continue that. It would be great to make it seven wins out of seven as we go into an international break but, as I say, a lot is being asked of our squad right now.

Walter Smith

:sherlock:

Whatever else is said about Walter he is extremely succint in his summation of the match and quietly fires broadsides at the seemingly unwillingness of the SPL to afford us a level playing field i.e. that which ensures that to progress in Europe we have to have a sympathetic domestic fixture arrangement.

Seems to me that TV revenue dictates that players are machines and can be turned on and off like electrical appliances when the need arises!

I am as always a proud Rangers fan however I feel that with the current team we have a sense of unity and spirit which has been lacking in previous campaigns and by that I mean that we are not dependent upon one or two "star players" turning it on.We now appear to work for each other and when mistakes are made there is no on field pillorisation of the culprit;instead there is a collective determination to rectify the error and when that is achieved a quiet word in the ear works best.

I think that the major teams in the Champions League will now be sitting up and looking at Rangers in a different light.

Whatever we do, whatever we don't do as my moniker states I remain a Ger For Life!

Whatever else is said about Walter he is extremely succint in his summation of the match and quietly fires broadsides at the seemingly unwillingness of the SPL to afford us a level playing field i.e. that which ensures that to progress in Europe we have to have a sympathetic domestic fixture arrangement.

Seems to me that TV revenue dictates that players are machines and can be turned on and off like electrical appliances when the need arises!

I am as always a proud Rangers fan however I feel that with the current team we have a sense of unity and spirit which has been lacking in previous campaigns and by that I mean that we are not dependent upon one or two "star players" turning it on.We now appear to work for each other and when mistakes are made there is no on field pillorisation of the culprit;instead there is a collective determination to rectify the error and when that is achieved a quiet word in the ear works best.

I think that the major teams in the Champions League will now be sitting up and looking at Rangers in a different light.

Whatever we do, whatever we don't do as my moniker states I remain a Ger For Life!

The change in my friends from England from 'lol the SPL is a shit joker league, rangers are terrible and will get raped' to 'holy crap Rangers are awesome, I hope they beat United' has been particularly funny.