Mervan 'Magnum' Celik

garycassidy1802

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16674458.stm

New Rangers signing Mervan Celik says he "will bring goals" to the Ibrox side after joining on a three-and-a-half year deal.

Celik has moved to Glasgow from GAIS in his native Sweden and hopes to learn from new manager Ally McCoist.

"I can play on the left or the right but the coach will tell me where I will play," said the 21-year-old.

"The coach was a big player so I hope he can teach me a lot. That's why I came here."

The midfielder was introduced to Rangers fans before Saturday's 1-1 draw with Aberdeen.

Of the result, Celik said: "It was okay but I think it can be much, much better.

"Rangers are a big club and they have fantastic supporters. They play for the titles every year and they play in Europe.

"It [the reception from the Rangers fans] was a little bit of a surprise to me but it was fantastic and I feel very good. It was amazing."

McCoist is also hoping Celik can find the net.

"Hopefully he can stand by that statement because we are a little short on goals," said the manager.

"Nikica Jelavic is our main striker and I feel we could, and probably should, be chipping in with goals from other areas. That wasn't the case against Aberdeen.

"Although you need your strikers to be notching goals, there is no doubt that you need them to be coming from other areas if you're gong to be successful.

"The wee man can certainly chip in with goals, there's no doubt about that, whether he plays in the wider areas or just through the middle, so I would be very hopeful we can get him involved.

"He trained on Saturday morning and came through it fine but obviously he hasn't had a lot of game-time.

"I'll have a look at him next week and see if we feel he's ready to be involved for the Hibs game. But I would be hopeful he would be involved sooner rather than later."