The record story bits that don't make sense

Ayrshirebear73

Right. Three things in record story don't make sense to me.

1. March 08 Whyte asks ticketus for money in a letter from liberty capital saying he wants to sell rangers season tickets to them to pay it back. And they put 24.4 million in his account in April. Eh. He didnt own the club. So joe blogs can I borrow a grand. Al pay u back with money I get from selling my mates car that isn't mine to sell.

2. Two months after borrowing the money the repayment is 9.5 million. Almost half. So. Technically if he had waited a month he could have borrowed about 13million to end up with same balance. Makes no sense to do that in my opinion.

3. Hmrc are asking old directors to look over documents which relate to current practices at ibrox. Are they getting a look at celtics invoices? No. Why? Cause it's nothing to do with them. Neither is rangers so why ate they showing them to them. Can I for instance get a look. Can Phil mcmurderer?

The money was paid into his lawyers account. I don't know what difference this makes. When does it get transferred to his account etc.

I don't really get the second part but now doubt there is interest on the 24.4m otherwise there would be no gain for Ticketus to lend us the money.

It turns out HMRC seem to be able to do whatever the heck they want.

I don't really understand much has been written either. It's all a bit tough to get your head around. What I want to know but is where is the money we borrowed?

Buying the Daily Record doesn't make sense.

Let me start by saying I don't buy the record. It's a shocking paper. However, People can crack on and pound this paper for delivering the news if they. The news leaked by Murray and King, the record was only the vehicle used to get this news out. Surely these guys should have a moral responsibility to our club and are more to blame for this than the record.

These two are have an agenda against Whyte that will no doubt show itself in months to come.

Right. Three things in record story don't make sense to me.

1. March 08 Whyte asks ticketus for money in a letter from liberty capital saying he wants to sell rangers season tickets to them to pay it back. And they put 24.4 million in his account in April. Eh. He didnt own the club. So joe blogs can I borrow a grand. Al pay u back with money I get from selling my mates car that isn't mine to sell.

Money would have gone into the solicitors client account and returned to Ticketus if the deal collapsed, nothing particularly strange other than the date at which Whyte opened dealings with Ticketus.

2. Two months after borrowing the money the repayment is 9.5 million. Almost half. So. Technically if he had waited a month he could have borrowed about 13million to end up with same balance. Makes no sense to do that in my opinion.

The entire purchase by Whyte has never made sense other than being a £1 bet.

3. Hmrc are asking old directors to look over documents which relate to current practices at ibrox. Are they getting a look at celtics invoices? No. Why? Cause it's nothing to do with them. Neither is rangers so why ate they showing them to them. Can I for instance get a look. Can Phil mcmurderer?

HMRC are asking the directors to comment on documents relating to the club during the time at which they were club officials, perfectly reasonable direction to take if they have a query.

Right another thing came into my head. The 24 million is a loan from ticketus. We don't pay vat on a loan. U pay interest. So why is the record claiming this causes us to owe 5 million in vat?

Perhaps HMRC don't view the transaction as in fact a loan but rather the advance purchase of tickets which would be subject to VAT.

Perhaps HMRC don't view the transaction as in fact a loan but rather the advance purchase of tickets which would be subject to VAT.

Not wanting to start a shitey thread for this so I'll stick it here.

Why the fuck did Minty visit Ally ? Doctors my arse IMO.

Everyone says that Traynor is his lapdog, so wouldn't the chances be good that Murray got a wee hint that a negative 5 pager was coming up ?

Too much odd shit happening this week for it all to be coincidence.

Am away to buy another roll of tinfoil.

What also doesn't make sense to me is that this Ticketus mob would surely have asked for security for the further "advance" which scares me a bit to think what it is?

But that is not my point, my point is - surely these so called "rangers Men" of the past who have seen light of the documents for the Ticketus agreement were in any doubts or aware of any "securities", surely it would have been all over the Rhebel.

Just a wee doubt in my mind.