Contingency Plan

miggy

I Know I'll get grief for suggesting it, it may have already been suggested? I don't know. But if Rangers really goes tits-Up, have the Rangers fans considered starting their own club like AFC Wimbledon or FCUnited? or is that just not a possibility.

I Know I'll get grief for suggesting it, it may have already been suggested? I don't know. But if Rangers really goes tits-Up, have the Rangers fans considered starting their own club like AFC Wimbledon or FCUnited? or is that just not a possibility.

The Rangers Supporters Trust today announces that it has been developing a vehicle which could ensure fans can be part of the club's future. More details were due to be announced shortly.

In the interest of unity we shall be consulting with our sister fan organisations and those parties (such as John Brown’s consortium) who have the long-term interests of the club at heart before a formal launch.

The scheme we envisaged would enable supporters to join forces and purchase shares to create a bloc shareholding in the Club on behalf of fans.

We have been developing a model of fan investment in consultation with the relevant advisory bodies and tailoring it to the situation at Ibrox.

One example of such a scheme was produced by FC United of Manchester - http://fc-utd.co.uk/communityshares

We would also like to ask that all the current playing squad give the fans time to put a consortium in place whilst considering their future, we hope as many of them as possible will stay and become part of something historic as the world's most successful club moves forward into a new era.

We are now in a position to call on Rangers fans from all areas of the Rangers Family with the requisite knowledge and experience to come forward to assist us in this task.

Where would we play??

If the old "new" club no longer existed, the stadium would have to be sold. If the new AFC Rangers had enough backing, they backers could purchase it. Hypothetically it could be costly, Green for example may want to build a shopping centre. But a new club would certainly be able to buy Ibrox and play there.

Not a happy thought but I think we need to at least consider the possibility. We've been caught flat footed a couple of times, need to look at some worst case scenario options. Maybe buy out a small club and rebrand? You're right it won't be a popular thought but if we don't plan for the worst case an it does come about then we'd have to blame ourselves, at least in part. What teams wod be vulnerable to a take over? How much wold it cost to buy out a second div team for example. How quickly could we raise the money and who would be in charge.