Ticketus

Raghead

As much as I love to see some sort of justice for the club Im puzzled to see how we could claim anything from HMRC. Its like waiting to go to court for something you didn`t do but to cover your arse for a heafty charge you sell all your furniture. Court day your`e found not guilty and for that you try to have the court buy back all your furniture because they tried to find you guilty.

Am I being naive ?

you are probably right, am sure this isn't the first time HMRC have lost a case similar to this with the sheer volume of cases they go through, it has bound to have happened before.

I think at best, we could maybe force through a change in the law that allows HMRC to add on ''potential'' penalties so that they can get control of which way they want CVA's to go. But in saying that, HMRC probably only use that when they think someone is at it, so they can liquidate the company then use laws that aren't available to them when a CVA is accepted so they can go after criminals, like Shyte.

I can't think of anything that the newco could do, as it has nothing to do with us anymore. As for the oldco, who actually owns it? Maybe the debenture holders, which when added together am sure was worth £8m can sue HMRC for their share becoming worthless. Afterall, that's £8m down the drain thanks to HMRC. Also, the other creditors would have got more money had the £8m CVA been approved. As far as I'm aware, there is only about £2m left of the cash that Charles Green paid to buy the club to be divied up between all the creditors. That means they will all recieve at most 1/4 of the money they would have got had HMRC not fucked it for them. There surely can't be a way HMRC should be able to get away with that.