Another one for older Bears.

Dugsy

There was a tournament played at Ibrox in the mid 80's ( Sponsored by KLM) Rangers lost in the final to Feyenoord on penalties. I'm sure the Feyenoord team had Johan Cruyff and a young Ruud Gullit any Bears remember this?

There was a tournament played at Ibrox in the mid 80's ( Sponsored by KLM) Rangers lost in the final to Feyenoord on penalties. I'm sure the Feyenoord team had Johan Cruyff and a young Ruud Gullit any Bears remember this?

Yes i was there and if i remember right Cruyff scored. Can't remember much more except the shoot out.

Same here mate, can't remember who else was in it, have a feint memory of Bobby Williamson scoring for us... Maybe not!

I think it was a one off game...

January 11th 1984 - KLM Challenge Cup - Rangers 3-3 Feyenoord - Williamson, Redford, Prytz (pen)

http://www.rangerspedia.org/index.php?title=Feyenoord

I am almost certain Cruyff did score, though Rangerspedia does not list the away scorers.

I remember this and was in the Govan stand Rear that game. I am sure that was the game Ruud Gullit played and he remembered Davie Cooper and said in an interview years later he was one of the best players he had ever came up against.