Walter can shove his 4-5-1 up his @rse !

port_bear

When Walter was appointed I was over the moon with the decision and with him and Ally back at the club I was looking forward to seeing a bit of pride being injected back into the team and seeing players play for the jersey once again. My one and only concern with Walter was his negativity which has shown with both Everton and Scotland and after the result at the weekend has only highlighted this problem.

I honestly don't care what sort of response I get from this post but as a season ticket holder I feel I have a right to voice my opinion.

Now don’t get my wrong the 4-5-1 formation is a great tool to be used in Europe when we are looking for a point against bigger clubs or even if we are away from home but it should NEVER be used on a domestic level, EVER!!. We should never be playing teams like Motherwell, Hibs and Dundee Utd with only ONE lone striker, it’s an absolute joke. It took us 39 minutes on Sunday to create only one shot on goal, now for a club with our financial status and ambitions that's a total disgrace.

There were a few things that bothered me about Sunday’s game:

a) Why was Faye in the starting 11 when we have players like Buffel and Gow fully fit ?

(Either of these players would have been much better options and would have given us more creativity and attacking style)

b) Why replace Faye with Novo when the logical move would have been to replace him with Boyd and went 4-4-2 ?

c) Why wait till 82minutes before introducing (our top scorer) Boyd to the game even though we are 2-1 down and in need of goals since the 60th minute?

d) Why take of Cousin and replace him Boyd, why not take of a midfielder or defender? (Thomson should have been replaced to give us more options up front, the game was lost anyway)

Walter seriously has to think about his tactics as the 4-5-1 formation is far too negative and doesn’t seem suitable for the Scottish game. He has to start giving guys like Buffel, Boyd and Gow thier chance in the team (if they flop then he can drop them) but at least let them have their chance.

When Walter was appointed I was over the moon with the decision and with him and Ally back at the club I was looking forward to seeing a bit of pride being injected back into the team and seeing players play for the jersey once again. My one and only concern with Walter was his negativity which has shown with both Everton and Scotland and after the result at the weekend has only highlighted this problem.

I honestly don't care what sort of response I get from this post but as a season ticket holder I feel I have a right to voice my opinion.

Now don’t get my wrong the 4-5-1 formation is a great tool to be used in Europe when we are looking for a point against bigger clubs or even if we are away from home but it should NEVER be used on a domestic level, EVER!!. We should never be playing teams like Motherwell, Hibs and Dundee Utd with only ONE lone striker, it’s an absolute joke. It took us 39 minutes on Sunday to create only one shot on goal, now for a club with our financial status and ambitions that's a total disgrace.

a) Why was Faye in the starting 11 when we have players like Buffel and Gow fully fit ?

(Either of these players would have been much better options and would have given us more creativity and attacking style)

b) Why replace Faye with Novo when the logical move would have been to replace him with Boyd and went 4-4-2 ?

c) Why wait till 82minutes before introducing (our top scorer) Boyd to the game even though we are 2-1 down and in need of goals since the 60th minute?

d) Why take of Cousin and replace him Boyd, why not take of a midfielder or defender? (Thomson should have been replaced to give us more options up front, the game was lost anyway)

Walter seriously has to think about his tactics as the 4-5-1 formation is far too negative and doesn’t seem suitable for the Scottish game. He has to start giving guys like Buffel, Boyd and Gow thier chance in the team (if they flop then he can drop them) but at least let them have their chance.

he wont change his tactics because he does not like to admit they are the wrong way to play in the spl.

he wont change his tactics because he does not like to admit they are the wrong way to play in the spl.

I think you might be right minstral, but I hope we are both wrong. <cr>

Faye (2 starts, 2 half-time substitutions) should have been replaced by Novo after 20 minutes with Novo going out wide and McCulloch taking Faye's position in mid-field.

A simple but effective resolution to a horrendous decision to start with Faye in the first instance.

Thing that kills me is that in his first go-round in the SPL, he was tearing each team in the League a new arse every week using strikers like Hately/.Johnston and Hately/McCoist together. Why he feels that that cursed 4-5-1 is suddenly the SPL solution when it isn't working most of the time domestically is a complete mystery.