We Still Have An Experienced Team

Despite all the injuries and suspensions that we have pilling up on us, I was actually suprised when I thought about our potential midfield and attack tonight (Davis Dailly Buffel Hemdani Novo Darcheville) and just how much experience they actually have.

Hemdani has been there and done it at this stage of the UEFA Cup before, and JCD also has plenty of experience of this competition after his time with Bordeaux.

Davis and Dailly, although fairly new to this level do boast an impressive 92 interntional caps between them so they too know about big game situations.

Buffel has 29 interntional caps and experience of both the UEFA Cup and The Champions League, and in a game where I expect we will see a decent bit of space and a more technical game from our opponenets he could use that experience to our benefit.

Losing Barry and Thomson is a massive blow, but we will still have a wealth of experience out there tonight and maybe, just maybe with a bit of luck they can suprise us.

What we lose from Barrys absence in terms of leadership, we will gain in terms of mobility as he clearly had not been fit this year and so having someone in that is fit can only benefit and improve us. Im slightly concerned but as you say there is a lot of experience in there and I trust the lot of them. Just the lack of natural width concerns me.