Webster

Mikhailichenko

David Weir will be a good signing for a number of reasons. Who would you rather have? Injury prone Dominic Matteo, Andy Todd for ?1million or David Weir on a free? I know who I'd have.

The SFA have cleared him but I think the SPL could still be a stumbling block as they can stop him playing in league games until they clear him also.? :unsure:

I'm confused about this new UEFA regulation, don't the SFA hold the registration, I know I'm not going to explain this well, but anyway.

Even though it seems he is still registered as a Hearts player, isn't it the SFA who hold the registration and not the SPL, if that is the case then if the SFA are happy that he plays for Rangers then there is nothing the SPL can do.

I know Rangers can only sign him on loan due to the legalities of the amount of transfers in one season, and even if Rangers were able to sign him on a permanent basis, then they wouldn't because Rangers would then have to pay whatever compensation UEFA decide should be paid to Hearts. :unsure:

Not 100% sure m8. Just a quote from this mornings papers.

Even if the SFA find in favour of Webster and Rangers, the SPL could deny him permission to play in league games

A caller on Real Radio last week suggested that Webster's injury might not be as serious as is being made out. He said that Rangers probably knew there was going to be a complaint from someone and decided to hold off playing him for the time being to see what FIFA's reaction would be. :unsure:

:lol: maybe they said to Sebo....hey lad give Web a good hard tackle we just want to see if he tough enough for us...