Using footman in real life

fejj182

With the global network of scouts football manager has i honestly believe there is room to use the game as a basis for spotting new talent.

Im not suggesting that if a player is good in the game that automatically he is good in real life. What i would maybe do is if i find a player that is good in the game then i would sent a real scout to have a look at him. Sort of use FM as a recommendation...

I've heard that some clubs already do this or at least use the database in some way and i think that for a club that can't compete financially like us it could be a great way of finding new players.

Discuss.

The Chelsea scout uses FM according to the Collyer brothers.

The fact that each team is researched by a local fan must surely provide some information that no-one else would know otherwise.

But the spotted talent in these games were apparent well before the release of the game.

So big clubs will already be onto the good players.

Big clubs might already be onto players, but they might not have signed them yet... Its not just the possible world class youngsters that it might be good for, you might find established players in minor leagues a lá Modric, who incidentally was class in FM two years ago ;) or even players in smaller teams in big leagues like King Carlos, fair enough though FM never spotted him though :rolleyes: