Boxing and MMA

Anybody been watching the Darts on ITV 4 , what a performance from James wade last night , was 3-0 down to bob thornton and yet he had an average 3 darts of nearly 120.00 ffs, eventually won 5 in a row to live up to his machine nickname :) , another good performance from Gary Anderson saw him hit over a 100 average and beat an in form Steve Beaton 5-2 ? (think) was also a good game of darts.

although cant see past Taylor for the title .

and anyone see Hankey getting booed to fuck the other night, he didnt get it as bad last night but still not a fan favourite :rolleyes:

Aye been watching it mate. Unfortunately I can't see past Taylor to win. It's sad that 1 man is so superior than the rest of the field. To be honest i think it's putting a lot of people off darts at the moment.

Gary Anderson is playing well and hopefully he can make the final. he might have the best chance to beat Taylor. Barney was rank rotten against Painter. How he managed to win was beyond me.

Hankey's just a idiot. He should do what King does. Get the earplugs in and don't react to the crowd. Got to say though as much as I love goin to the darts I don't like booing the players. Sing and jump about all you want but do boo them when they are going for shots. Thats bang out of order

Aye been watching it mate. Unfortunately I can't see past Taylor to win. It's sad that 1 man is so superior than the rest of the field. To be honest i think it's putting a lot of people off darts at the moment.

Gary Anderson is playing well and hopefully he can make the final. he might have the best chance to beat Taylor. Barney was rank rotten against Painter. How he managed to win was beyond me.

Hankey's just a idiot. He should do what King does. Get the earplugs in and don't react to the crowd. Got to say though as much as I love goin to the darts I don't like booing the players. Sing and jump about all you want but do boo them when they are going for shots. Thats bang out of order

was thinking that myself , fair enough boo him when he comes onto stage , boo him during the break , after a leg etc but not when he is throwing for doubles or during the leg , was bang out of order imo.

if wade can keep up the good form he is in with a shout but think he gets too carried away

was thinking that myself , fair enough boo him when he comes onto stage , boo him during the break , after a leg etc but not when he is throwing for doubles or during the leg , was bang out of order imo.

if wade can keep up the good form he is in with a shout but think he gets too carried away

Fuck knows how he would get on at the Premier League in Glasgow. In sayin that if he was playin Taylor he would be cheered by about 90% of the crowd :craphead:

took mardle in a treble last night to beat hankey, thinking the crowd would get at hankey again

hankey played well apart from his doubles, if he sorts them out and his head he could give a few of them a game in the knockout stages

least said about mardle the better, for someone who makes a living playing the game, the amount of single 5s he hits is laughable

fuck knows why ah bet on him, never again

had to go back online and up my stake onto the other 2 i had, jenkins and whitlock, no great prices but got my money back and a small profit

also got to say that itvs coverage is very good aswell, probably more enjoyable than skys coverage

mason and warriner-little are very good pundits

better than that sid cunt anyway :lol:

sid waddell is past it, i think he tries too hard now and just shows himself up

talks about taylor too much even when hes no playing, tayloresque this tayloresque that hahaha

just trying to pick out a few bets for tonight, but no much jumping out at me

talks about taylor too much even when hes no playing, tayloresque this tayloresque that hahaha

i would bet on the Russian Lass , think she may sneak a win there (tu)

Would definitely agree with you about ITV 4's coverage. It has been excellent. John Rawling and Peter Drury have been different class and Warriner and mason have been decent. No Sid spoutin pish or cummin in his pants everytime Taylor hits a treble 20

maybe just a couple of quid for an interest, stan james have her at 4/1

webster is 1/6, dont think hes that much of a certainty coz hes no really done much since making the switch

webster is 1/6, dont think hes that much of a certainty coz hes no really done much since making the switch

Didnt really do much before the switch either bar one lucky tournament :pipe:

Didnt really do much before the switch either bar one lucky tournament :pipe:

i suppose your right hahaha

he is still young though and i think hes still training to be a plumber or something so still no giving it 100%

as hankey said last night, you dont get given world titles, BDO or PDC, you have to be a decent player to win them but i think websters problem is consistency

he could go out and throw a 100+ average one game then go out the next and struggle in the low 80s, might have got away wi that in the bdo but in the pdc youve got to be 90s to upper 90s to 100+ every game usually

champagne to shite far too often

Taylor to win.

He's a class above.

Can't believe when Barney first defected to real darts people thought he was better than Taylor doh

Because in the first year he ran over the top of Taylor. 2006/07 was the best 2 years for darts. Since then Barney's totally lost it and Taylor has went onto a different level. Someone needs to mount a serious challenge or else I think darts will suffer.

Taylor to win.

He's a class above.

Can't believe when Barney first defected to real darts people thought he was better than Taylor doh

Because in the first year he ran over the top of Taylor. 2006/07 was the best 2 years for darts. Since then Barney's totally lost it and Taylor has went onto a different level. Someone needs to mount a serious challenge or else I think darts will suffer.

An off form Taylor hurt by a new guy with confidence.

Taylor really is just a step above, and I agree, he needs a challenger, thought John Part would be it a few years ago, but he fell away.

Taylor to win.

He's a class above.

Taylor really is just a step above, and I agree, he needs a challenger, thought John Part would be it a few years ago, but he fell away.

Taylor wasn't off form for a full year. He was shocked at how Barney had no fear of him. Something that he now suffers from. A lot of Taylors invincibility is a mental block with some players. barney is the best example of it. At Vegas he went toe-to-toe with him then chucked it for a couple of legs. Tonnes of players have got close to beating Taylor then shit themsleves when they have got into great positions. Adrian Lewis is beaten before he even steps onto the stage against Taylor

Hopefully Gary Anderson can be that challenger but I have my doubts

Taylor to win.

He's a class above.

Taylor wasn't off form for a full year. He was shocked at how Barney had no fear of him. Something that he now suffers from. A lot of Taylors invincibility is a mental block with some players. barney is the best example of it. At Vegas he went toe-to-toe with him then chucked it for a couple of legs. Tonnes of players have got close to beating Taylor then shit themsleves when they have got into great positions. Adrian Lewis is beaten before he even steps onto the stage against Taylor

Hopefully Gary Anderson can be that challenger but I have my doubts

dont think anderson will challenge him, dont really think anybody will

you will get the odd game where he struggles but by and large over any match of a decent distance taylor will always win coz he can go a best of 35 legs match throwing at the same level whereas barney wade lewis are capable of putting in a great spell of 5/6 legs they cant do it over the 10/12 legs that taylor can

I am following this.

Love my darts, the burd on ITV isn't too bad too.

I'm watching the highlights of it at the moment.

Hankey = arse...''this wouldn't happen at the Lakeside or most of the other tournaments I play at''...

posted 2 Days Ago

Well from what i have been told by certain people i know who are backstage at the Civic, they have heard that Tommy Cox the tournament director has called an Emergency Meeting between The PDC, PDPA and The DRA for within the next 24 hours to discuss the Ted Hankey situation. The fear is he will either loose the plot and swear or do something towards the crowd or will walk off stage and out of the tournament. They are also from what i have been told set to discuss his behaviour today. Details are still sketchy but the feeling is a meeting could take place as early as during this evening's session

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F15313636?thr...412&show=50

Also: Interesting point: posted 2 Days Ago

As a guest of the PDC to the event, i would kick out a guest if he behaved in the same way to my party.

I am not sure what his thoughts were in accepting the invite, as he set himself up for the reaction today, would of been better to do a Wolfie and just say thanks but no thanks i am ok doing the BDO.

There again there is a fair bit of money if you can win 1 or 2 games, so maybe that was the driving factor.

I wonder if the BDO players find it harder to go up on stage as the PDC events are 'dry', on the TV in the players bar at Lakeside most of the top BDO players like or need to down a bottle of beer at every break.

Could that be as they are fighting nerves to go on stage in the first place ?

Was quite happy for the Russian girl winning, that was a good price above vs Webster.