Newcastle and Tottenham

Danny

Such high expectations for Spurs. I didn't think for a second despite what SpursGers said that Spurs would actually challenge the top teams - their team being a mile behind even Liverpool imo, but did anyone think the Ramos regime would be going this badly?

Yeah, they did won the Carling Cup and fair play, but this is their worst start to a Premiership for how long? 35 years?

They clearly have a better team on paper than this, and losing Berbatov isn't an excuse because he froze himself out over the summer so they knew he was moving on and had time to get someone in or prepare themselves for losing him. Ditto Keane. But even if that impacted them a bit, being bottom of the table is quite catastrophic. Ramos doesn't speak English, and despite being a successful boss in his native boss, he seems to be another foreign manager who looks to be failing in England, like many French bosses such as Santini and Perrin, and Gullit.

As for Newcastle, only Spurs stop them being bottom. Michael Owen has said morale is on the floor there. Managerless, directionless, up for sale. The Newcastle story is a total mess.

To think last season both of these clubs had high hopes - Newcastle were going into a fresh new season with King Kev, and Spurs were going to plunder the transfer market with a budget and a great manager.

Funny old game innit?

Such high expectations for Spurs. I didn't think for a second despite what SpursGers said that Spurs would actually challenge the top teams - their team being a mile behind even Liverpool imo, but did anyone think the Ramos regime would be going this badly?

Yeah, they did won the Carling Cup and fair play, but this is their worst start to a Premiership for how long? 35 years?

They clearly have a better team on paper than this, and losing Berbatov isn't an excuse because he froze himself out over the summer so they knew he was moving on and had time to get someone in or prepare themselves for losing him. Ditto Keane. But even if that impacted them a bit, being bottom of the table is quite catastrophic. Ramos doesn't speak English, and despite being a successful boss in his native boss, he seems to be another foreign manager who looks to be failing in England, like many French bosses such as Santini and Perrin, and Gullit.

As for Newcastle, only Spurs stop them being bottom. Michael Owen has said morale is on the floor there. Managerless, directionless, up for sale. The Newcastle story is a total mess.

To think last season both of these clubs had high hopes - Newcastle were going into a fresh new season with King Kev, and Spurs were going to plunder the transfer market with a budget and a great manager.

Funny old game innit?

Good post. I must admit these are 2 teams that i enjoy watching in a game as you know there will be goals scored for and against them.

Is Ramos not the highest paid manager behind Fergie? I seem to remeber he was getting 25 million quid over 4 years or something like that as he had many offers on the tabl at the time. He was someone i thought could have been a good bet as an outsider for the Man U job "if" he does well.

Ramos does speak English now, but he sounds much dumber than he looks. Quote funny.

Spurs need another great striker to play alongside Pavluhoeveryouspellit.

Pavluchenko or something. He's a good signing, depending on if he fits in like Rebrov/Shevchenko or is more of a Kanchelskis. And yes, I know those 3 are Ukrainian.

I see that Terry Venables is now the bookies favourite for the Newcastle gig.

Im sorry, but i think this would be a disastrous appointment. Fair enough, his hands were tied at Leeds, but he looked woefully out his depth in the "new age" EPL.

Newcastle need to be pieced back together, starting from the back. The manager who brought Roque Junior to English football is not the man for the job.