Texas Hold 'Em

This thread is for regular Poker players to advertise their live games, tournaments, etc.

I'll start it off with inviting any bears to Bellahouston Bowling Club tonight for a 7pm start.

This is a monthly tournament that some guys are trying to get off the ground. It will be played on the first Friday of every month at the above venue and time. It has been going since September/October 2009 so is still trying to get numbers up.

There was around 40 players at the first one, but that number has slipped a bit. The poor weather, Xmas/New Year etc seems to have taken it back a bit, but a big effort has been made to get int ouch with all who attended the first night, plus a lot of other players to try to get the numbers up for tonight.

If anyone wants more info, PM me.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to say our Bellahouston club has folded after 7 months. The numbers were just not there to sustain continuing.

Probably a combination of it being on a Friday night, and only monthly, has meant that the members always seemed to have other commitments for it.

I do play in a tournament in Uddingston on a Thursday night when I can make it.

It is a £15 plus £5 re-buy in first hour, plus £5 top-up after 1 hour, with about 45 on average turning up each week.

The tournaments are held at the Castle Rooms function room in Uddingston each Thursday night starting at around 745pm. I have found it to be of a good standard. There is a league format as well that runs from Jan-June, with the grand final on 17 June, but the weekly prizes normally have the winner picking up around £250, down to 5th place getting £50.

For the "unlucky bad beats" there are also a couple of S'n'G from about 915 onwards when the top-up and rebuys have ran out.

I also hear there is a good tournament on a Tuesday night in Blantyre but with smaller numbers (around 20).

I used to play quite regularly at the Merchant City Gala tournaments, which I enjoyed but if you get to the final table, you are talking about 2am, and normally 3am to win it, so this is not so convenient for working the next morning.

Where does everyone else play live?

A wee bump for this Poker game tonight.

Anyone in the Uddingston area who fancies a decent standard game of Texas Hold Em tonight would be made more than welcome.

More details at their website: http://www.uddingstonpokerclub.vpweb.co.uk/default.html

And no, I dont run it or gain financially from it (unless I make the final 5 on the night), just looking to spread the word.

I really need to make the final table tonight as I have missed too many weeks and currently I dont have enough points to make the final 24 in June. I also know I am going to miss at least another 2 or 3 weeks with other commitments, so I hope I can do well tonight.