Amauri Set For Italian Passport; And Azzurri?

Del Juve

Brazilian striker Amauri is set to get himself an Italian passport, but could that result in him deciding to join the Azzurri?

Palermo striker Amauri is eligible for an Italian passport due to his ancestral links with the country, and admitted that he is applying for one.

"At the moment it’s just a matter of documents," he told Studio Sport.

The news has set tongues wagging about whether he could don an Azzurri shirt, after having repeatedly been overlooked by the Selecao.

However, the 27-year-old refused to be indulged on the subject.

"I’m hoping to get an Italian passport, but for now let’s not talk about the national side," he said. "My priority is to reach top form [after his long injury lay-off]."

He concluded by speaking of his strike partnership with Fabrizio Miccoli, as well as scoring a Serie A goal for the first time this year.

"We understand each other well and we showed our understanding on Sunday," he said.

"Scoring a goal against Livorno was a liberation. When I saw the ball, the last nine months flashed in front of my eyes."

It would be hypocritical to me to agree to this for the Azzuri with me against Jay for left back for Scotland.

Camoranesi has done well but is he any better than Di michele or Quagliarella or Aimo Diana?