Aberdeen 1 vs. Rangers 2 Dec. 23 2006

Bazza

NOVO WONDERLAND

The early Christmas present that we were all craving game gift wrapped by Novo and Sionko in a pre-Christmas cracker at Pittodrie. Ok, cracker is a bit of over exaggerating but the points are in the bag and road to recovery remains firmly on track.

Once more a terrific pace and energy in the first half saw us take a deserved lead only for the foot to be taken off the pedal allowing Aberdeen to put the pressure on and grab a lifeline with ten minutes to go and with the ref looking to play on for as long as it took them to grab an equaliser the final whistle came more of a relief than a celebration.

The points are what we need the most at the moment though and we can look more at performances once a bit of daylight appears between third spot and ourselves. After all it wasn’t so long ago that we were complaining about not being able to grind results out.

Today’s team: -

McGregor: - Thanked his woodwork a couple of times but other than that he was rarely tested especially in the first half. It’s good to see that last weeks mishap has passed him by with no affect.

Rmed Verdict: - 7

Hutton: - Another good shift at right back. He is looking more and more solid, defensively, all the time. Wonder if Le Geun’s coaching is starting to show through?

Rmed Verdict: - 8

Svensson: - The rough diamond is showing a wee bit of polish, at last. Another decent shift from the Swede. There is nothing fancy about him, he just clears his lines, which is the way we need to be defending.

Hemdani: - I thought he looked a bit harassed and ill at ease today. This might be down to the fact that he was trying to cover two positions with his left back being posted missing too many times.

Rmed Verdict: - 6

Papac: - Is proving to everybody with each game he plays that he is NOT a left back. Anything good that Aberdeen through at us came down his flank. He seemed inclined to drift into the Centre Back slot all the time. If we haven’t got Smith for a month then I hope that Murray is back soon.

Rmed Verdict: - 5

Sionko: - This is the kind of performance that made PLG sign him in the first place. Energy, trickery and an eye for goal. Interlinked with Novo superbly down the right and deserved his goal.

Bazza: - Marked out of the game for long spells but still managed to push the team forward. He will have better games but will be happy with an away win in Aberdeen.

Clement: - Apart from one tackle that he bailed on, I thought he put in a very hard days graft. Always willing and available covering a lot of ground and his passing is very accurate.

Adam: - I hadn’t been overly impressed with him recently but he showed his other side today. He tracked back, tackled hard and caused problems going forward. The first two of those are normally his weaker attributes but definitely not today.

Novo: - Hard work can get you a long way and if ever proof was needed then look no further than wee Nacho. He epitomises what pulling the shirt on means and with PLG stating that the team now has passion, I for one put a lot of that down to Novo being back in the team.

Rmed Verdict: - 9 (MOTM caused no end of problems for them)

Prso: - Huffed and puffed a bit today but could afford to take it that bit easier with Nacho and Sionko producing that kind of form. Subbed early and can relax and enjoy Christmas now.

Rmed Verdict: - 6

Sebo (On for Prso): - 1.8 million doesn’t buy you much these days. Well not on today’s showing anyway. Ran into some decent positions but seems to run out of ideas when there.

Rmed Verdict: - 4

Rae (On for Novo): - His first touch gave away the goal and did very little else.

Rmed Verdict: - 3

PLG: - I think his style of coaching is starting to show through with some good football and passion. We just need to learn to kill games off.

With the points in the bag and the Dons put back in their rightful place there is no sign of a blue Christmas for Gers fans. So let me take this opportunity to wish you all the very best for Christmas and have a beer for me!

WATP

Baz.

http://rangersmediamatchday.blogspot.com/