new router

sneddon

can anyone recommend one?

i was going to use the free hub from BT but it never recieved any signal, even the engineer messed it up

it doesnt have to be wireless, but as long as theres enough room for a few ethernet cables and it runs pretty quickly

it will only be used for BT broadband internet and for my xbox live

not looking to spend over the odds so something dependable, fast and cheap as poss

cheers

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...t%3ENETGEAR.htm

Cant beat this one future proof to.

I had a Belkin and when i got my 20 meg it couldnt handle it i was limted to 11mb even hard wired.

Reason ive given Argos link is if anything goes wrong they swap it no question aked if u have you recpoet.

Ive got a Blekin wireless G and its perfect for my 8Meg. Signals strong enough that my neighbours across the road were using it until i noticed.

Quite cheap.

Better watch Gary Glitter hasnt been seen for a while.

Belkin, D-link are the 2 makes i'd recommend. Belkin being the easiest to setup.

any particular one you would recommend?

hmm basically anything for around 30-40 quid should be fine for urself, they all have a sole purpose of connecting ur internet to multiple PC/consoles. The dearer you go is just for basically add-on's which you will never use, am asuming its just for basic connectivity to the internet? and not setting up VPN, openning ports etc etc?

Belkin, D-link are the 2 makes i'd recommend. Belkin being the easiest to setup.

any particular one you would recommend?

hmm basically anything for around 30-40 quid should be fine for urself, they all have a sole purpose of connecting ur internet to multiple PC/consoles. The dearer you go is just for basically add-on's which you will never use, am asuming its just for basic connectivity to the internet? and not setting up VPN, openning ports etc etc?

yea just for getting online within it crashing

i have no idea what setting up VPN and opening ports actually means! :anguish: