Baz Will Be Missed

Baz Will Be Missed

By Andrew Dickson

NACHO NOVO admits he'll be sad to see Barry Ferguson go if he completes his protracted move to Birmingham City.

A £1million bid for the former club captain was accepted on Wednesday night and it seems likely he'll move south to the Premiership team.

He and his agent John Viola are currently locked in contact negotations with the Midlands club as they try to thrash out a deal.

Ferguson has already cemented his status as the club's greatest player of his generation, playing 430 games for Gers and scoring 61 goals.

In two spells with the club as a senior player spanning 13 years in total, the 31-year-old has won 15 trophies.

Included in that haul were five SPL titles and it's that return which makes Novo think Ferguson will be missed.

He said: "Well he's a legend, isn't he? He is one of the best players I have ever been lucky enough to play with.

"Barry is a big personality and he's a worker. He has always helped everybody here and he's a person I've always got on very well with.

"We will miss him here. I am not sure what is happening but I am sure that if something happens with Birmingham, he will do well there."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1725553,00.html