Sven to be Notts County manager?

Sven to be Notts County manager??

Sven-Goran Eriksson is on the verge of becoming the new Notts County manager, according to reports circulating on Tuesday morning.

The Times website is reporting that the former England manager will be named as the County boss by the club's new owners, Arab consortium Munto Finance.

The paper reports: 'The new owners see the appointment as the first step of their 10-year plan, which they hope will take the club into the upper echelons of the Premier League.'

Eriksson has been out of a job since being sacked as Mexico boss in April, and was strongly linked with the Portsmouth job earlier this summer.

Munto took control of League Two side County last week, and if the reports are true will replace current boss Ian McParland with Eriksson later on Tuesday.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...5446012,00.html

That is surreal - but it could be rather fun seeing what happens to a lower level club with an injection of cash. I wouldn't be surprised if they could not get Notts County to the prem for less money than the amount Mike Ashley paid for Newcastle.

They are a club with a lot of history after all.

:lol: it's like a game of FM. Try and get a lower league team to the Prem. Would've thought that Forest would be more suitable than County though. They're a league above them and have won the European Cup twice and as well as the English top level and the FA Cup twice. County have only one the FA Cup once and that's it. How well supported are county? I know they have a stadium of about 20 thousand but I wonder what sort of attendance they get.

In my books it will take years to get them to the Premiership. They might have a lot of money but no-one decent is going to want to play in League 2 in England. That being said there have been quick rises to the top in football before. Hoffenheim are proof of that in Germany.