Toure to City Confirmed

Listening to Wenger I don't think they are going to sign another centre half.

He says we already have 7 and I am having to play some of them in midfield.

He has already signed a centre-half this summer as well.

its been confirmed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/8172622.stm

Toure completes Man City switch

Defender Kolo Toure

Toure made 29 Premier League appearances last season

Manchester City have signed central defender Kolo Toure from Arsenal for a reported £16m on a four-year contract.

The 28-year-old, who spent seven years with the Gunners, passed a medical on Wednesday and becomes City's sixth signing of the summer.

Boss Mark Hughes said: "It is no secret that we have been looking to strengthen our defence and in Kolo I feel we have recruited a world class player.

"He brings a wealth of Premier League experience from his time with Arsenal."

Hughes, who failed to lure Chelsea centre-back John Terry to Eastlands last week, added: "Kolo has been a central figure in a strong Arsenal team for many years, and I have been an admirer of him for a long time.

"He is strong, quick, reads the game well and will be an influential figure in the dressing room."

Toure was linked to City in January but Arsenal said then he was not for sale.

He has been with Arsenal since 2002 but failed to hold down a regular starting place last season.

606: DEBATE

As an Arsenal fan I am sad to see Toure go. The last player of the invincible era. Now we pass him on you guys, treat him well please

Arshavin FC

Toure played for Arsenal on Monday night in a pre-season friendly in Hungary.

In all, he played 326 games for the Gunners, scoring 14 goals, and had two years left on his contract at the Emirates Stadium.

He handed in a transfer request in January, which was rejected by the Arsenal board.

As well as missing out on Terry, Hughes had a £15m bid for Everton defender Joleon Lescott rejected earlier this month.

But the Gunners, who have already sold striker Emmanuel Adebayor to City for £25m this summer, have been more receptive to offers from the oil-rich Eastlands club.

On top of capturing Adebayor, City have already brought in former Manchester United forward Carlos Tevez, midfielder Gareth Barry from Aston Villa and striker Roque Santa Cruz from Blackburn for a total of about £55m this summer.

Meanwhile, defender Nedum Onuoha has ended speculation over his future by signing a new five-year contract at Eastlands.

The 22-year-old, who came through City's academy, had been rumoured to be on his way out of the club due to the number of high-profile additions to the squad, but he has pledged to fight for his place in the team.

Onuoha broke into City's back four midway through last season and never relinquished his place with a series of composed performances.

Manchester City are delighted to announce that Kolo Toure has joined from Arsenal.

The central defender who spent seven years with the Gunners has signed a four-year contract and becomes the sixth summer signing.

He passed a medical late this afternoon and then headed straight to the Blues headquarters to finalise paper work.

Boss Mark Hughes who added Kolo to other new faces in England midfielder Gareth Barry, strikers Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor, and Roque Santa Cruz and goalkeeper Stuart Taylor believes that the Ivory Coast defender will be a huge influence in the dressing room and on the pitch.

"I am delighted to welcome Kolo to Manchester City. It is no secret that we have been looking to strengthen our defence, and in Kolo I feel we have recruited a world class player. He brings a wealth of Premier League experience from his seven seasons with Arsenal," he declared.

"Kolo has been a central figure in a very strong Arsenal team for many years, and I have been an admirer of him for a long time. He is strong, quick, reads the game well and will be an influential figure in the dressing room."

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2009/...olo-joins-Blues

Great deal for Arsenal. Kolo Toure is one of the most inconsistant CB's in the Premiership!

Plenty players Arsenal can go out and buy to replace him; Hangeland, Mexes, Lescott, Naldo, Bassong, Carvalho, Chiellini....