Sky Player On Xbox.

EuanC

a can just imagine, champions league, real madrid and us, holdin them at the bernabeu, we get a dodgey penalty in the last min to make the last 16 then POW.

RROD :anguish:

i dont have sky in my house so i wont be able to use it :(

I don't think you need Sky to watch it mate, somebody said to me whoever don't have sky on their tv's can buy it off xbox live. Might be wrong but hopefully its true as ive got Virgin.

i dont have sky in my house so i wont be able to use it :(

I don't think you need Sky to watch it mate, somebody said to me whoever don't have sky on their tv's can buy it off xbox live. Might be wrong but hopefully its true as ive got Virgin.

I might buy it off them then if the price is good enough

a can just imagine, champions league, real madrid and us, holdin them at the bernabeu, we get a dodgey penalty in the last min to make the last 16 then POW.

RROD :anguish:

That'd be a cunt :anguish:

Here's what some guy on another forum has to say about this:

It's alright....

Only messing, I've just spent about an hour sitting with a 360 connected to a prototype Sky account and was allowed to play about with it, order stuff, watch some things, view something in a 'party' - all that gubbins mentioned at E3 and it's generally quite well put together. It has a few rough edges still and some of the navigation is a bit off but on the whole, it doesn't look bad.

I did make a moan about the fact that if I have sky in my house, it's a bit of a cheek to make me pay for it again but they probably will ignore that bit... I don't know if it was pure placeholder but what seemed to be the full package on the subscriptions tab said £41 which is out of order I reckon. You can do pay-per-view movies on it which looked alright and the idea was to have them stream (with the whole 1080p streaming MS went on about I spose) but as it was a dev kit, I couldn't work out if stuff was locally stored.

The watching in a party wasn't too bad if some of it maybe not for me, you didn't HAVE to watch anything with borders as shown at E3 with the sports coverage, you can go full screen and still chat using the headset and 'emote' with your mii I mean avatar.... which then gives you a PnP view of your mii's - they only had one background and you couldn't actually move your avatar's about although I may have broken it by being able to fly the cam through the walls and everything, which slightly surprised the guy doing the questions. That avatar sort of stuff I wasn't really interested in though tbh. You could be in multiple parties and not be watching the same show but still chat together which was quite good if you wanted to do that sort of thing.

You couldn't add reminders for shows which I thought was bloody stupid and you couldn't easily join what another person was watching because of the above bit about multi-parties not in the same room, which again seemed quite weird. You could change between SD and HD on the fly (dunno why you'd want to though really), the TV guide worked quite well, the front tab had jumps to movies, sport, etc but strangely no music stuff and also not in the same config as on a 'normal' sky box.

Oh the other quite massive omission from my point of view was the lack of PVR stuff, you couldn't record anything to the HDD, which just seemed daft, what with their being a potential of 120gb sitting there.

Don't want this to become some mammoth post so if you want to know more, just ask smile.gif

They didn't get me to sign a confidentiality agreement or anything so I don't think I'm being out of order by doing this....