We need hungry young players

biotechnology

If you watch us we have the slowest build up play I have ever seen, no energy in the middle of the park, no hard working , willing players.

If you look at some "well built that didnt cost much" teams they have young hungry players full of passion & no little skill-they are the way forwards.

Look at Arsene Wengers players-Size doesnt matter-athleticism & mobility are the mainstays in his team.

We need to start recruiting players like that.

Guys like LM,SW,DW,KB, PM are too old & immobile or just plain & simple shite.

A YOUNG HUNGRY MANAGER would be more likely to have players like these

It's not quite as straightforward as needing a young and hungry manager and playing staff.

Everyone from the management team down to the supporters really needs to have a look at how the game should be played and the type of players and system we require. There are no quick fixes but one thing we are not good at is accepting change and being patient.

The easy part is saying what we need to do but I’ll have a go as a starter for ten.

From the players:

Technically capable players – can they control the ball well? Can they pass over a range of distances?

Physically fit players – When Drogba or Henry or Ferdinand take off their tops there isn’t an ounce of fat on them. Whilst I don’t think our players are “fat” in an average punter sense I wonder how many of them have a less than 10% body fat measure. Being in quality condition is the least we should expect of professional atheletes.

Dedication to nutrition – no drinking and sticking to a pre-agreed diet

From the management/coaching staff:

Well drilled team – organising a team that knows exactly what it is doing at corners, free-kicks and throw-ins with a variety of options.

General organisation – a clearly defined system of play with players in their correct positions and again we need a proper “plan b” if it’s not working against a particular opponent.

Discipline – ensuring the players meet the expectations of all of the above.

Scouting - pick a few key areas/countires that are producing quality players, build a network and get boys from these areas to come and play for us.

From the support:

Patience – unless you lavish tens of millions of pounds on players then this will all take time and no little work. With our budget we should still be able to win domestically regardless. We pay a lot more in transfers and wages than anyone other than the fhilth so they should be our only genuine competitors.

The attitude to the game in Scotland is at least thirty years out of date, that is why we are routinely humiliated in Europe. As a nation we are a lumbering football dinosaur and will continue to be so until we not just accept change but effect it also.

What a good idea, we should starve our players. Tell them to go out there and win that meal!!

Oh you meant hungray in a different way...

:praise::praise:

Cheered ma Thursday morning right up

I can just imagine Boyd coming out like a caged animal. Fuck, might even get a performance from Hard-on-Lee!

It's not quite as straightforward as needing a young and hungry manager and playing staff.

Everyone from the management team down to the supporters really needs to have a look at how the game should be played and the type of players and system we require. There are no quick fixes but one thing we are not good at is accepting change and being patient.

The easy part is saying what we need to do but I’ll have a go as a starter for ten.

From the players:

Technically capable players – can they control the ball well? Can they pass over a range of distances?

Physically fit players – When Drogba or Henry or Ferdinand take off their tops there isn’t an ounce of fat on them. Whilst I don’t think our players are “fat” in an average punter sense I wonder how many of them have a less than 10% body fat measure. Being in quality condition is the least we should expect of professional atheletes.

Dedication to nutrition – no drinking and sticking to a pre-agreed diet

From the management/coaching staff:

Well drilled team – organising a team that knows exactly what it is doing at corners, free-kicks and throw-ins with a variety of options.

General organisation – a clearly defined system of play with players in their correct positions and again we need a proper “plan b” if it’s not working against a particular opponent.

Discipline – ensuring the players meet the expectations of all of the above.

Scouting - pick a few key areas/countires that are producing quality players, build a network and get boys from these areas to come and play for us.

From the support:

Patience – unless you lavish tens of millions of pounds on players then this will all take time and no little work. With our budget we should still be able to win domestically regardless. We pay a lot more in transfers and wages than anyone other than the filth so they should be our only genuine competitors.

The attitude to the game in Scotland is at least thirty years out of date, that is why we are routinely humiliated in Europe. As a nation we are a lumbering football dinosaur and will continue to be so until we not just accept change but effect it also.

Great analysis. I mean look at that fat bastard Scott Brown. He wouldnt get into a championship team. How many other mid level nations have a 41 year old in defence?

The argument about speed is also correct too many of the players are slow and unathletic.

Look at Bougherras goal against seville and see what a quick turn of pace when its used, can do.

Thats why an otherwise non entity like maloney does well for scotland. he has pace if nothing else