FM24

ForeverAndEver

17 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Is it not the FM Touch version? If so it’s pretty decent, it’s FM without a lot of the extras. But the core game is still there.

Never played touch version. Using a chromebook instead of a laptop just now so PS4 would be only way to play it.

51 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Never played touch version. Using a chromebook instead of a laptop just now so PS4 would be only way to play it.

I used to play it on the iPad when I worked away, it's decent. It's like playing one of the older FM's without all the bloat.

3 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

I used to play it on the iPad when I worked away, it's decent. It's like playing one of the older FM's without all the bloat.

An old laptop with the old champ and even the new squads downloaded is still one of the best things ever 

9 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

An old laptop with the old champ and even the new squads downloaded is still one of the best things ever 

Having fun with FM22 with the 92/93 mod. Did 9 in a row signing who we signed, now doing Man U with Beckham, Neville’s, Scholes all in the U-18’s.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Having fun with FM22 with the 92/93 mod. Did 9 in a row signing who we signed, now doing Man U with Beckham, Neville’s, Scholes all in the U-18’s.

Wish I had the time for it all nowadays :(

good thing with the old champ is you can belt through a season in about 3 hours 

20 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Think you can get FM Touch on Chromebook if you wanna keep the easy keyboard and portability factor.

I think its effectively a simplified FM. Same core game but less press conferences etc. By default think you have an option for 'Instant Result' etc but can play the full games if you want in the usual way.

Means you can batter through a season in a couple of ours, or you can take you time and spend a week or so on it.

16 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

PS5 FM is decent but I'm not sure if I enjoyed it as much as I hadn't played FM since 2008.

The new ones been talked about as a day one ps+ launch as well.

They're basically giving it away with netflix games too. The fact they've made it save compatible with fm23 says it all. Dialing it in on its last generation year.

They've been pretty open that FM25 is going to be a huge change so FM24 is going to be a more incremental update.

I've never had an issue buying each year even when there are minimal changes. They sell it at a pretty low price, don't include microtransactions and you'll generally get hundreds of hours out of it. 

These are the types of companies we need more of.

The better AI squad building for 24 looks good. 

I think given the bad reception 23 got for being feature lacking and the fact 25 is a new chapter kinda forces them to make sure they have a few good new things for 24 in order for it to appeal to people.

Because they will certainly know people might be tempted to skip this version. in a funny way might actually make them work hard to sell copies this year. 

I do wonder with 25 if they will trim down a lot of features and start with a fresh slate. Then in 26 27 28 etc and beyond they slowly redo and add the features back be them upgraded and improved. You see that will a lot of long running games when they do a new version. 

On 19/09/2023 at 18:58, J-Maestro said:

FM 23 has a 98/99 database which has all the young players coming through too.

Enjoyed that DB is a good one. Think for 24 the same people are making a 07/08 DB looking forward to trying that one. 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Gonny buy a new laptop for this, who’s a good team to go?

Canny be fucker starting with Rangers again, gets boring quite fast

Most fun I had but took some getting used to was working my way up the Scottish leagues. Every point was a prisoner when I got to SPL a bit ahead of schedule.

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Most fun I had but took some getting used to was working my way up the Scottish leagues. Every point was a prisoner when I got to SPL a bit ahead of schedule.

Might actually try that. Usually try England but I’m never that good :lol: 

36 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Gonny buy a new laptop for this, who’s a good team to go?

Canny be fucked starting with Rangers again, gets boring quite fast

I did one with Stirling Albion and only allowed loan players who I could get without paying anything for it was a great game.