If we'd done a Charlton and got these guys to play for Scotland.

rugal

With Boyd, Mcgregor and Ferguson set to return to the national set up we will have 3 of our best if not most consistent back

But take a look at the premiership look at all the c level english players who the english national set up wouldnt shitt on even if some of the younger guys think they will play for England, and than think what if this bunch were able to play for Scotland. would they add anything. If you could pick 3-4 of these sassenachs who would it be?

The kind of guys I'm thinking of are

Danny Murphy (Fulham)

Bobby Zamora (Fulham)

Lee Bowyer (B'Ham)

Kevin Phillips

James Beattie (Stoke)

Stevie Harper (newcastles)

Kevin Nolan (Newcastle)

Lee Cattermole (Sunderland)

Peter Crouch (T'ham)

Personally I think Crouch could have been great for us and Phillips too when he was a little younger since its strikers we lack.Zamora is good and Murphy in midfield. Bowyer links up well with mcfadden and ferguson.

What a shame berti vogts couldnt have got hold of some of these when there was time

GTF wae that idea!

Don't want Token Scotsman, an insult to youth development IMO as then whats the point?

http://home.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php/a...ng-and-hamilton

aye thats one viewpoint. But everyone does it these days. They wouldnt be token scots as i know in bowyers case he does have some scotch blood and so does Beattie.

Im not talking the whole team just 2 or 3 key individuals like a striker and midfielder.

aye thats one viewpoint. But everyone does it these days. They wouldnt be token scots as i know in bowyers case he does have some scotch blood and so does Beattie.

Im not talking the whole team just 2 or 3 key individuals like a striker and midfielder.

Sounds painful.

Michael Grant

Published on 23 Dec 2009

Craig Levein, the new Scotland manager, will give Barry Ferguson, Allan McGregor
and Kris Boyd the opportunity to resurrect their international careers.

Levein was officially unveiled shortly after 6pm last night and immediately opened the door to the three who fell by the wayside under his prede­cessor, George Burley.

Levein praised all three players and expressed his hope that they would be available to him when Euro 2012 qualifying begins in September. “I’ve never had one problem with any of these guys, not one,” 
he said. “Why would I not want any of these players?”

Confirmation of his exit from Dundee United to sign a two-and-a-half-year contract was delayed by the snow which blocked roads around his Fife home early yesterday, and also by some minor contractual issues and compensation which had to be agreed by the SFA’s lawyers, United representatives, Levein and his agent, John Colquhoun.

Eventually a restless media pack at Hampden was sated by Levein’s tea-time unveiling,
when he sat between the SFA chief executive Gordon Smith and president George Peat. The return of Ferguson and McGregor – banned for the “Boozegate” episode in April – and Boyd, who announced he would no longer play under Burley, was quickly addressed.

“Gordon asked me if I had any thoughts on Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor,” said Levein. “I said what I am thinking is if we want to qualify for the next campaign I don’t want to rule anybody out. Every single player out there is quite within his rights, when I pick a team, to say that he doesn’t want to come. What I’m saying is that there is an inclusion policy here. Every­body is in. If they don’t want to turn up, they can do that.”
When asked if he would approach Boyd, Levein said: “You would need to ask Kris what his issues were. But for me it’s a new start. I’ve met Kris Boyd on numerous occasions and I like him, I think he’s a decent guy. The same with Barry Ferguson. The same with Allan McGregor.”

The Hearts forward Andrew Driver, born in England but eligible for Scotland under new residency rules, is another
Levein hopes to include and
he promised to leave no stone unturned in the search for every youth player in the English Premier League and Championship who might have “a Scottish grandad”.

Re last paragraph: Sounds like levein is singing from the same hymn sheet pr shit depending on your viewpoint

I'm with rugal on this.

The token Italian harping on about token Scotsmen every time this comes up is boring as f*ck and entirely predictable :craphead:

:lol:

Aye, the guy wae masses of Scottish Italian relatives and half family who I've met, that tag is also boring as f*ck and entirely predictably wrong :sherlock:

I'm with rugal on this.

The token Italian harping on about token Scotsmen every time this comes up is boring as f*ck and entirely predictable :craphead:

Aye, the guy wae masses of Scottish Italian relatives and half family who I've met, that tag is also boring as f*ck and entirely predictably wrong :sherlock:

So what you are saying is that you are second generation Italian, just like the token Scotsmen who you constantly chastise at every opportunity.

Meeting them and having a Spag Bol every couple of years doesn't make you any more Italian than they are Scottish.

People in glass houses...............

I'm with rugal on this.

So what you are saying is that you are second generation Italian, just like the token Scotsmen who you constantly chastise at every opportunity.

Meeting them and having a Spag Bol every couple of years doesn't make you any more Italian than they are Scottish.

What is it? Kettle, Pot, Black?

At the end of the day if there are some players who were born in England (Goram), South Africa (Gough), and through blood relatives can and want to play for Scotland then let them, it will be up to Levein who he picks and if he picks a winning team that qualifies for the next major championships then some people will be more forgiving to the players who take us there.

I'm with rugal on this.

Its good fishing but I don't really Spag Bol, Lasgane or Gnochhi on the other hand....

Actually at a 21st last night where I seen of my Italian relatives.

I probably feel more attached to Italy where I called my late Gran 'Nonna' than your George Boyd towards Scotland and his '"Any international recognition is great. I think (playing for) England is a bit far-fetched so this is a great opportunity for me." -'

I'm with rugal on this.

Its good fishing but I don't really Spag Bol, Lasgane or Gnochhi on the other hand....

Actually at a 21st last night where I seen of my Italian relatives.

I probably feel more attached to Italy where I called my late Gran 'Nonna' than your George Boyd towards Scotland and his '"Any international recognition is great. I think (playing for) England is a bit far-fetched so this is a great opportunity for me." -'

To be honest if he has a bit of Scottish blood, is a good player and gives his all for the national team am no giving a shite (tu)