The Offside Rule

RudeBoy

It would turn into an american style sport with the team not in possession running back to their box and defending it untill they get possession and switching roles with the other team defending their box. Would be hellish to watch.

Would it? How do you know this?

In fact, to be honest, that sounds pretty fucking exciting! Non-stop action!

Yes it would, I just know.

If you find that exciting just watch basketball and leave the football to the men.

Basketball has a kind of offside rule also.

Best leave the debating to the men, there's a good lad.

there is no offside rule in basketball, there is not even a "kind of" offside. the only rule i can even think you mean is when you go into the opposition half with the ball you cannot go back into your own half. that is nothing like offside.

It's called the 'over and back' rule.

Look it up.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would turn into an american style sport with the team not in possession running back to their box and defending it untill they get possession and switching roles with the other team defending their box. Would be hellish to watch.

Would it? How do you know this?

In fact, to be honest, that sounds pretty fucking exciting! Non-stop action!

Yes it would, I just know.

If you find that exciting just watch basketball and leave the football to the men.

Basketball has a kind of offside rule also.

Best leave the debating to the men, there's a good lad.

there is no offside rule in basketball, there is not even a "kind of" offside. the only rule i can even think you mean is when you go into the opposition half with the ball you cannot go back into your own half. that is nothing like offside.

It's called the 'over and back' rule.

Look it up.

explain to me how this rule is in anyway linked to offside <cr>

Once the offensive team has brought the ball over the halfway line toward their opponent's basket, that team cannot cross back over the line with the ball. If you are holding the ball with one foot on each side of the line, you're safe, but if you have both feet on the wrong side of the court, then the other team gets possession.

There is also 'lane violation', which is designed to prevent opponents camping out under the basket of the oppostion.

Once the offensive team has brought the ball over the halfway line toward their opponent's basket, that team cannot cross back over the line with the ball. If you are holding the ball with one foot on each side of the line, you're safe, but if you have both feet on the wrong side of the court, then the other team gets possession.

There is also 'lane violation', which is designed to prevent opponents camping out under the basket of the oppostion.

that is not even distinctly similar to football's offside. you should just admit that having no offside is a crap idea and that with a little tweaking it could become better.

that is not even distinctly similar to football's offside.

It is basketball's equivalent. I never said it was 'similar', if you recall I said basketball had a 'kind of' offside rule. It does.

come on rude boy boy can you give it up?

You've been made to look stupid.

I would desist from spouting more pish. There's a good lad.

From the man suggesting we get rid of he offside rule <cr>

Poor argument.

Very poor.

come on rude boy boy can you give it up?

You've been made to look stupid.

I would desist from spouting more pish. There's a good lad.

From the man suggesting we get rid of he offside rule <cr>

Poor argument.

Very poor.

What arguement?