Mitch Langerak

I remember one guy on here posting videos of this young keeper who played for Melbourne Victory, and told us that this guy could go on to bigger things, and would do brilliantly at Ibrox. Turns out he has signed for the German club, for just over a million dollars. Have we missed out on a potentially fantastic keeper?

I remember one guy on here posting videos of this young keeper who played for Melbourne Victory, and told us that this guy could go on to bigger things, and would do brilliantly at Ibrox. Turns out he has signed for the German club, for just over a million dollars. Have we missed out on a potentially fantastic keeper?

You better believe we have PS.I'm the guy who posted the thread about young Mitch Langerak and we will be sorry in years to come because he has now gone to Borussia Dortmund....I'm totally positive of it.

We not only missed out on ML, we also missed out on Tommy Oar, the 18 year old who has been selected in Australia's World cup party and who will become the youngest player ever to represent Australia if my memory serves me right if he gets a run in the WC..He is a left winger/midfielder and it makes me mad that we don't look at these kids over here.

The thing that irks me is that Tommy Oar played in the same team as Craig Moore and Charlie Miller at Brisbane Roar and being ex Rangers men it would have made sense for us to use them as scouts and grab this talent before they go to other European clubs.:angry:

I've thought that for ages now. Rather than looking at predictable leagues for players, we should be looking into Asia, Australia, Eastern Europe, as there would be many hidden gems out there, and will eventually go on to a bigger club.

Thats 3 threads on him recently lol I bet it will be 10 yeras before we see anybody mention him again. Looks ok but its the Ozzie league....

I think you will end up like Kirk Broadfoot with that statement,BB:pipe:

because this kid is the real deal even if he does play in the A-League.

He is a goalkeeper and when you make the kind of saves that this kid makes,the League he is playing in can't mask his talent.

I hope your right OzBlue. But it will take a few years for people to take notice of him. It does annoy me that rangers dont have a world scouting system in place. :(

That's spot on mate! we cut back on our scouting system when other European clubs have ramped their scouting systems up, so the talent that goes missing is crazy.

Asia is the largest populated area in the world and we ignore it.:angry:

That's why Australia are now playing in the Asian confederation instead of Oceania because that's where the challenge is coming from and Football Federation Australia made sure we weren't going to be left behind.

There is so much talent from this region of the world that never gets looked at....Shame really.

I hope your right OzBlue. But it will take a few years for people to take notice of him. It does annoy me that rangers dont have a world scouting system in place. :(

That's spot on mate! we cut back on our scouting system when other European clubs have ramped their scouting systems up, so the talent that goes missing is crazy.

That's why Australia are now playing in the Asian confederation instead of Oceania because that's where the challenge is coming from and Football Federation Australia made sure we weren't going to be left behind.

There is so much talent from this region of the world that never gets looked at....Shame really.

Would work permits not be an issue for signing players from this area?

Would work permits not be an issue for signing players from this area?

It's highly unlikely,Jimmy, seeing as how Mitch Langerak has gone to Dortmund and Tommy Oar has gone to F.C. Utrecht... so there is no difference between those Countries and Scotland because they are all in the European Union, unless somebody can tell me otherwise.