David Edgars view on administration for Rangers

MisterC

Am I alone in thinking its maybe time we cut Edgar and the RST a bit of slack and listened to what they have to say?

Everybody can make their own mind up about them.

Personally, their behaviour in all of this takeover business has reeked of self-interest, using leaks and propaganda, no matter what effect it has on the club.

I agree with this sentiment, certain media mouthpieces have been promised Rangers Blazers from one side of the takeover infighting farce, they have embarrassed our club for that goal.

“It wouldn’t be the end of the world . . . but you would be able to see it from there,” said David Edgar, a Rangers Supporters’ Trust spokesman. “I don’t think it should be explored unless it absolutely has to be. First of all, the points deduction would effectively mean an uncompetitive season. Secondly there’s the stigma of going into administration. No club wants that. And thirdly the people who suffer from administration tend to be the smaller creditors. The infamous case at Portsmouth was the St John Ambulance people were left being owed money.

“It is an ugly spectre that rears its head from time to time around Rangers. But the question is why should it come down to this? We’ve been continually told there’s no chance of this happening, and it was merely scaremongering to even discuss it. I think it’s a last resort possibility, as Rangers should not be run like this.”

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/the-notion-of-rangers-going-into-administration-may-be-unthinkable-but-the-circumstances-are-ripe-for-drastic-action-1.1029326

He and the RST/££ clique have their critics, but for me he is spot on with what he says. Hope to god it doesnt happen, although uts from an article by Michael Grant in the Herald so make of that what you will

I thought this gentleman had retired from the front line of the RST?

Did I not read that somewhere? :sherlock:

Too many people are getting reeled in by what the media 'think' what might happen.

We are not in a great position but at the same time things are not as bad as they are made out to be.

I'm pretty certain we will not go into administration.