Ibrox watercolour

spireblue

Hi guys and girls.

I own a limited edition print of a watercolour of the main stand frontage of Ibrox.

I won(bid for) this in a supporters club auction in 2000 and if I remember correctly paid around £100 for it in the auction.

The unique thing about this print is that it is autographed by Dick Advocaats treble winning squad,

THE ACTUAL AUTOGRAPHS ARE NOT PART OF THE PRINT..they are signed individually on to the print over a period of days,in different pen inks etc.these autographs were obtained by a gentleman who worked at Ibrox at the time and was a well respected member of staff for around 50 years (now retired),hence the fact the players had no qualms signing it for him.

The print is mounted and framed and also has an official Rangers crest underneath the watercolour,and signed by the artist(cannot decipher) and also in his handwriting are the words 'Ibrox Stadium'.i WAS TOLD AT THE TIME OF THE AUCTION THAT IT WAS UNIQUE BECAUSE OF THE AUTOGRAPHS.

The signatures are as follows, dick advocaat,stefan klos,craig moore,lorenzo amoruso,arthur numan,barry ferguson,andrei kanchelskis,gio van bronckhorst,michael mols,rod wallace,george albertz,claudio reyna,darius adamczuk,neil mccann,tugay kerimoglu,tero pentilla,billy dodds and a couple of others i cannot decipher.

Now before you all ask i do not want to sell this item (my son has laid claim to it after my demise,and my grandson after him!}

I was just intrigued to what it might be worth ten years on and given how special that squad was in the history of our great club.

any ideas on this folks,as i know some of you on here are collectors of memorabilia and wondered what price you personally would be willing to go to for this rare item?

again I re-itereate I AM NOT WILLING TO SELL, it will stay in my family,too many memories associated with our club to part with it(including a loss of a family member in the Ibrox disaster).

thanks for reading.we are and will always be the people. (apologies dont know how to upload a picture to the forum)

Id say £10 maybe so i know you dont wana sell it but how about i give you £15 now? Depreciation and all that ya know, makes the value go down :lol: :lol:

Seriously tho mate, im not too sure, its hard to say either way. I know its not a nice thing to say but if one of those people pass away, it will make it even more valueable - just need to look at past players for that. Id like to assume high 3, low 4 figures though in say 10 years time. :) - yet again, it could be worth nothing.