Whyte, Ellis & Antonov

H72

From all the research and articles I've read on here ever since this story broke, I've been struggling to keep up with who actually is involved with Whyte in this takeover proposal.

So, I have two questions if some members could help clarify the situation a bit better:

1. Is this the same Ellis - Andrew - who failed with his "bid" a few months back, or is it another known by Whyte?

2. Is Antonov involved, and does anyone have any background on him? I don't know if I'm just weary because he's Russian but he seems to have just appeared from nowhere, albeit so did Whyte.

Antonov was mentioned on GersNet, but I've not really seen him mentioned elsewhere. Was he not the guy who was linked to us in one of the rags a few months back?

I was thinking this myself. I had something in the back of my mind about a Russian interested, but I thought it was a complete non-story ran by The Sun or some other prestigious paper.

The Russian thing was a load of shite from the NOTW I'm sure. Andrew Ellis wont be part of it, Murray already rejected a bid from him because he doesn't think hes the right man.

I think its just Whyte.

The Russian thing was a load of shite from the NOTW I'm sure. Andrew Ellis wont be part of it, Murray already rejected a bid from him because he doesn't think hes the right man.

I think its just Whyte.

I'm hearing it differently from so many different parts of the media. I was just curious about Antonov, this anonymous minted Russian - but by the looks of things he isn't involved.

James Traynor suggesting it was more likely to go through yesterday and now today he doesnt seem as confident in his own story

When'd you read/hear this, mate?

I think its just Whyte.

Probably just the NOTW trying to get a Russian Mafia/KGB story in somewhere