Liverpool to Hold Talks with Charlie Adam this Week

With the amount of money he will have spent in 6 months I'd be raging.

I'm sure you will reply with Manc City. But Manc City didn't win the CL in 2005, come second in 2007, and then miss out on the Premier League 2 years ago by 4 points.

Man City. :craphead:

Looks like City, Man Utd and Chelsea are all set to spend big this summer too. I'd be happy just to see CL football again tbh. I highly doubt them to be challenging for the title. Not for a few seasons atleast.

Henderson could certainly be seen as bold - he's shown glimpses of quality, but has lacked consistency and is largely unproven. It is a big gamble, as was the Carrol transfer fee. I understand the theory - they are young and Brittish with the potential to be top players for the next ten years, but only time will tell if the gamble pays off.

I definitely don't think signing Charlie Adam is bold at all - far from it. He will probably be available for £5-6m which is a more than justified price tag when you look at his stats in the EPL this season which were incredibly good.

They will probably be able to raise at least £20m if they sell Aquialni, Joe cole, Mereilles, Poulsen.......and that still leaves them with players like Maxi, Gerrad and Lucas to compliment Adam and Henderson.

They also have a chairman who has tons of money, don't really think Kenny is being that bold, he is being pretty shrewd/sensible if anything, compared to big signings of previous years - Robhino, Berbatov, Shevchecnko etc for £30m.

I think they will keep Meireles, they'd be daft to sell him. I can't see Poulsen, Cole and Aquilani making £20 Mill, but to be honest I've given up with prices nowadays. So they probably will.

Kenny has been bold he's spent £55 Million on two, young fairly inexperienced Englishmen. That has been bold, not shrewd.

Man City. :craphead:

Looks like City, Man Utd and Chelsea are all set to spend big this summer too. I'd be happy just to see CL football again tbh. I highly doubt them to be challenging for the title. Not for a few seasons atleast.

'We’ve been playing well and I think we’ve been getting into the type of form that we know we’ll have to keep up for a whole season if we want to be title contenders.

'This is something we’re optimistic about for next season and if we can hit the ground running and maintain the good form then I think we’ve got a good chance of doing well.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2002942/Luis-Suarez-says-Liverpool-challenge-title.html#ixzz1PB0ip1Wi

Not saying it is their aim as such, but they are Scousers. They want to win it, and after what I was saying they should be good enough to win it.

Liverpool overachieved in 2009 and their one title challenge (which only became a challenge when Man Utd lost 2 games in a row in March) in 20 years doesn't make them genuine title contenders

4th place next year would be absolutely sensational for them

I think they will keep Meireles, they'd be daft to sell him. I can't see Poulsen, Cole and Aquilani making £20 Mill, but to be honest I've given up with prices nowadays. So they probably will.

Kenny has been bold he's spent £55 Million on two, young fairly inexperienced Englishmen. That has been bold, not shrewd.

Bold and shrewd aren't mutually exclusive! This thread is about Charlie Adam and his signature would be good business and not at all bold.

I agree Henderson and Caroll are big gambles but I think it is wise to buy young UK talent considering the transfer policy that is coming in.

Bold and shrewd aren't mutually exclusive! This thread is about Charlie Adam and his signature would be good business and not at all bold.

I agree Henderson and Caroll are big gambles but I think it is wise to buy young UK talent considering the transfer policy that is coming in.

Hmm I disagree with your first sentence.

Sorry I apologise :lol:

The second sentence.

Oh lol. Fair enough (tu)

TBH I'm not really convinced Adam is good enough to play for a team like Liverpool but if he's going for £5m or less, I think they might as well sign him as a squad player and hope he can improve.

His set pieces are worth that alone - just don't know if he has the physical attributes to play for a top 6 team!!

Oh lol. Fair enough (tu)

TBH I'm not really convinced Adam is good enough to play for a team like Liverpool but if he's going for £5m or less, I think they might as well sign him as a squad player and hope he can improve.

His set pieces are worth that alone - just don't know if he has the physical attributes to play for a top 6 team!!

I see what your saying and if Liverpool do have that much money, then fair does. But I think it could be spent on something better (defenders). I'm not sure they need an Adam player.

But true his set pieces are fantastic, and I also amen't convinced about him at a top team. Hopefully he proves me wrong.