Liverpool to Hold Talks with Charlie Adam this Week

The Scotland international has long been a target of the Anfield club and they failed in an attempt to agree a deal in the January transfer window.

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish's interest in his compatriot is not thought to have ended and he is again attempting to secure the playmaker, with Sky Bet suspending their market earlier on Monday.

Sky sources understand discussions will consequently take place with relegated Blackpool and Adam later this week.

The Reds have already signed Jordan Henderson from Sunderland and are expected to continue to remodel their squad this summer.

Ongoing interested in Adam, who suits Fenway Sports Group's policy for young, British players, adds to the uncertainty surrounding Raul Meireles.

Despite a promising debut season in the Premier League, it has been speculated that the 28-year-old could be sold due to his age and doubts about his fitness.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6988337,00.html

Think he'll do pretty well if I'm honest, but not really sure where he would fit in. Would rather have taken Parker despite his age if I was them though.

Also had no idea about the thing with Meireles <cr>

Is our cut 20% ? Can't remember exactly, but I hop Blackpool get a good amount and we put our cut straight into the transfer fund :D

Think it was 20% of the profit (tu)

Let's face it though, no one is going to know for certain.

:lol:

His aim is to win the Premier League and he may well bring in two inexperienced players for large sums of money.

How isn't that bold?

Firstly because they won't both be the only CM's (They still have Maxi, Gerrard, Lucas, Mereilles, Aquailanni, Poulsen + others).... and secondly because Charlie Adam's transfer fee won't be a large sum of money.

Yes, going by the past 2 seasons. With Spurs and Man City challenging now, top 4 would be a fairly impressive imo.

With the amount of money he will have spent in 6 months I'd be raging.

I'm sure you will reply with Manc City. But Manc City didn't win the CL in 2005, come second in 2007, and then miss out on the Premier League 2 years ago by 4 points.

Firstly because they won't both be the only CM's (They still have Maxi, Gerrard, Lucas, Mereilles, Aquailanni, Poulsen + others).... and secondly because Charlie Adam's transfer fee won't be a large sum of money.

Of course not, but Poulsen, Aquilani and maybe others will move on .

You're talking in the region of about 26-30 Million for players who might not even play week in week out.

Like I said, how isn't that bold?

Of course not, but Poulsen, Aquilani and maybe others will move on .

You're talking in the region of about 26-30 Million for players who might not even play week in week out.

Like I said, how isn't that bold?

Henderson could certainly be seen as bold - he's shown glimpses of quality, but has lacked consistency and is largely unproven. It is a big gamble, as was the Carrol transfer fee. I understand the theory - they are young and Brittish with the potential to be top players for the next ten years, but only time will tell if the gamble pays off.

I definitely don't think signing Charlie Adam is bold at all - far from it. He will probably be available for £5-6m which is a more than justified price tag when you look at his stats in the EPL this season which were incredibly good.

They will probably be able to raise at least £20m if they sell Aquialni, Joe cole, Mereilles, Poulsen.......and that still leaves them with players like Maxi, Gerrad and Lucas to compliment Adam and Henderson.

They also have a chairman who has tons of money, don't really think Kenny is being that bold, he is being pretty shrewd/sensible if anything, compared to big signings of previous years - Robhino, Berbatov, Shevchecnko etc for £30m.