Tax Loopholes - They're All At It - So Why Us

Tax Evasion or tax loopholes.

Football is rife with it, so why does the profile of our club get plastered over all the papers and TV and is the tax man just trying to make an example by using us as a high profile case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1347677/Top-footballers-like-Wayne-Rooney-dodge-millions-tax-cashing-loophole.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/scottish-football-celtic-may-sue-over-tax-deficit-1377624.html

And anyone know whatever happened with Celtics tax investigation - Link above

It's not just football mate. Every single medium-sized company in the UK participates in some form of tax avoidance on the recommendation of their accountants. We're just being totally publicly vilified for it and the media frenzy has spiralled out of control.

Fuck them all. No Surrender Mr. Whyte.

HMRC have made it very clear they are going to tackle high earners(footballers). We are not the first club to be targeted and won't be the last. The size of this potential bill has brought talk of administration to a massive public institution. Remember, this is a relatively small country, so this news is huge!

Forget about the others, because you can be sure HMRC won't. Focus should be on our own issues.

we are just a test case , if we do get charged with the bill , then 14 teams in the epl will be aswell including chlesea and man utd

Do you have a source for this? Are you talking about EBT schemes? Or just other ways used to avoid the taxman?

Guy in my gym works for HMRC, warned me about all this a couple of years ago. Apparently the total sum owed to the taxman in simular cases by EPL clubs is over £1 billion. He did say back then (because of rangers low standing in uefa), we were to be made an example of. Apparently to scare other clubs into paying up.

Its also got something to do with the fact rangers are easier targets. Its all way over my head, but the way he put it is; if HMRC wanted to raise a case in england they couldnt do it on a club by club basis. They'd have to go through the FA & PL for the money.

In our case though its different. As i said its a bit of a head scratcher, but its along those lines.