We were really good today

usranger

Big improvement today! I thought the players did really well and ally has to take credit as it was obvious that we planned to keep the ball on the deck. Even McGregor didnt punt it nearly as many times today. It was the 1st thing I was looking for and he was certainly much better. Still did it from time to time (and we lost the ball cos of it; his punting is shite) but not nearly as much. Midfield was sharp and showed well for the ball from FB/CD and Davis wanted to attack, given great protection from edu. I thought that Fleck was great and found a lot of room and his passing was v.good although not really a threat in final 3rd. Healy surprised me as he did well linking up. Defense solid, wings outstanding (wallace played very well, I always thought he'd be better as LB but he was good and looked to attack) and the overall style was impressive. Overall, huge performance with pass and move football. Have to admit I still have a worry...we either a) dont stick with it or b) buy a CF who can't fit in to that style of play and we have to change. reason for a) I don't think our training is geared for this at a higher level (I asked McKay) and the players have to take huge credit for what was on show today but we need coaching that will allow them the freedom and confidence to play like that against better opponents. Reason for b) do you really think Boyd would give us link up play? Please, please, please don't sign him. 10-20k a week for him to change the way we play again? Great player for us in the past but we took a huge step forward today. dont take two boyd steps back.

Yes we were good today

Wallace and Aluko were good too

But Boyd scores goals, hes lazy yes, not the greatest footballer I admit but I was there when he netted a debut hat-trick, a double in a league cup and Scottish Cup final, 5 against Dundee Utd

I didn't want him back after the way he left but if we can get Wallace and Aluko powering into the box or crossing right to his head then why not? We need to play like this every week and provide our attackers with service, who better to have then Boyd on the end of them??

Yes we were good today

Wallace and Aluko were good too

But Boyd scores goals, hes lazy yes, not the greatest footballer I admit but I was there when he netted a debut hat-trick, a double in a league cup and Scottish Cup final, 5 against Dundee Utd

I didn't want him back after the way he left but if we can get Wallace and Aluko powering into the box or crossing right to his head then why not? We need to play like this every week and provide our attackers with service, who better to have then Boyd on the end of them??

that does it for me. today I thought Healy did a great job of linking up. The balls going to bounce off big boyds belly straight to the opposition. Instead, we'll start punting it to his heid. TBH who wouldnt score goals in SPL playing for Rangers?

Big improvement today! I thought the players did really well and ally has to take credit as it was obvious that we planned to keep the ball on the deck. Even McGregor didnt punt it nearly as many times today. It was the 1st thing I was looking for and he was certainly much better. Still did it from time to time (and we lost the ball cos of it; his punting is shite) but not nearly as much. Midfield was sharp and showed well for the ball from FB/CD and Davis wanted to attack, given great protection from edu. I thought that Fleck was great and found a lot of room and his passing was v.good although not really a threat in final 3rd. Healy surprised me as he did well linking up. Defense solid, wings outstanding (wallace played very well, I always thought he'd be better as LB but he was good and looked to attack) and the overall style was impressive. Overall, huge performance with pass and move football. Have to admit I still have a worry...we either a) dont stick with it or b) buy a CF who can't fit in to that style of play and we have to change. reason for a) I don't think our training is geared for this at a higher level (I asked McKay) and the players have to take huge credit for what was on show today but we need coaching that will allow them the freedom and confidence to play like that against better opponents. Reason for b) do you really think Boyd would give us link up play? Please, please, please don't sign him. 10-20k a week for him to change the way we play again? Great player for us in the past but we took a huge step forward today. dont take two boyd steps back.

Agree with everything except the Boyd bit, i think we are desperate for him and his goals.