Le Tour de France.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"@inrng: For those wondering, Froome is locked into a good contract with Team Sky. He's not going anywhere unless a billionaire makes a wild offer."

"@nickbull21: Sky have the strongest rider in the Tour...and Bradley Wiggins. Chapeau Chris Froome. #cycling #tdf12"

Stage 11 Result

1) Rolland

2) Pinot - 55"

3) Froome - 55"

4) Van den Broeck - 57"

5) Nibali - 57"

6) Wiggins - 57"

7) CA Sorensen - 1'09

8) Brajkovic - 1'59"

9) Kiryienka - 2'13"

10) Schleck - 2'23"

11) Evans - 2'23"

12) Van Garderen - 2'23"

Overall after Stage 11

1. Wiggins

2. Froome +2'05"

3. Nibali +2'23"

4. Evans +3'19"

5. Van den Broeck +4'48"

6. Zubeldia +6'15"

The team couldn't ride for Wiggins, Froome and Cavendish. Something has to give.

Never understood the cavendish thing. Struggles in sky. They should have signed renshaw as well to help cav.

Never understood the cavendish thing. Struggles in sky. They should have signed renshaw as well to help cav.

Cavendish wants the Olympic gold, hence the weight loss to increase his climbing ability. He knew that he wouldn't be getting a lead out from Sky if there was still a chance of the GC, but he's one of the best at being in the right spot in the bunch finish.

Sky

The team couldn't ride for Wiggins, Froome and Cavendish. Something has to give.

Something will probably change at the end of the season, I don't see Cav and/or Froome fulfilling their contracts at Sky. Cav has one guy (Eisel) to help him for the tour.

Something will probably change at the end of the season, I don't see Cav and/or Froome fulfilling their contracts at Sky. Cav has one guy (Eisel) to help him for the tour.

An embarrassment of riches.

All being well, I think Wiggins will be team leader once again with Froome as back-up, knowing that he will be the natural successor to Brad. Froome may even get the gig at the Vuelta.

Cavendish may revert to outright power to contest the sprints.

Anyone know if the autobus made the time limit?

Looking like six or seven will be eliminated. Gesink, Renshaw, Pettachi and Krivtsov are out.

"@MarkCavendish: Oh my, I'm tired. That was a disgusting stage!! Grupetto was close to the time-limit, so it was every man for himself on the last climb!"