To Those Slating Players And Management

We've been banging on that drum for years. The club should be run from the bottom rung to the very top of the ladder in the same manner. A style of play that is known as 'The Rangers way'. Hard work - yes, absolutely. Determination to win - again, absolutely, but I want to see a style of play that is recognisable throughout the club so that when an U-17 comes off the bench (and it will happen more and more) he'll slot in no problem because the U-17's are doing exactly what the U-19's and the first XI are doing. It should be seemless. The only learning curve should be game time experience, dealing with crowds, home and away, etc.

This is our chance to create a skill-laden crop of youngsters that will be 'The Rangers' of the future for the next decade and beyond. We should be blooding these kids at this level at every opportunity.

If we surround them with enough experienced 'quality (that word again) players who won't cost us the earth and have the entire club playing as one unit we'll reap the benefits for years to come.

It's all down to the coaches and, in part, the budget McCoist will have to bring in the experienced few 'quality' (sorry) players we need to pull it off.

:sherlock:

Somewhere it seems Rangers lost it's way in how to play the game CB. When I read press cuttings and watch old video it seems we used to have some sort style to our play. If I could watch any Rangers team it would be that team in the mid 60s. We should be trying that again eventually.

Somewhere it seems Rangers lost it's way in how to play the game CB. When I read press cuttings and watch old video it seems we used to have some sort style to our play. If I could watch any Rangers team it would be that team in the mid 60s. We should be trying that again eventually.

fight and flair that should be the mantra for our teams at all levels

We are a 3rd division team who have just beaten a 2nd division team. I think today was a great start.

Seriously though, look at the facts. We've had fuck all in terms of pre-season games, and most of our players have had a staggered training routine since the end of last season. Black has been out after a hernia op. Little has only had 2 days full training. Christ knows what training Goian has had (looked very immobile) . You can go through the whole squad and look at some reason or another.

Compare that to Brechin. They were already a settled squad, and had a proper pre-season. They beat Montrose 5-0, and then Inverness 2-1.

We on the other hand didn't even know if we were an official member club until late Friday or who was in or out in terms of players. Yes you can say that most of that team were in or around the squad last season, but it's hardly ideal preparation when you're forced to play pre season games against your team mates who are wearing bibs.

It was the first game of the season, with no pre-season warm friendlies, thanks to the fuckwits who run Scottish football.

No, it wasn't what we are used to as we had inexperienced kids in the team, but FFS give them a chance.

I say this to all those who criticise my Team.... Why is it that they were on the park today and you weren't ?

Answer, because they are much better footballers than you will ever be, that's why you watch and they play.