The end of Scottish football?

corkinator

have you ever celebrated a league title based on the strength of the league? what difference does it make how good the league is or how good we are as long as we win the fucker who cares

I care - if you just want to win weak league you'll enjoy the next 3 years. I want us back as a credible force in Europe - that is our true position and having a weak league dies nothing to help those ambitions. it's a sport and I want us back to the top of the strongest league Scotland can produce not the weakest. to do this changes in structure have to be made and we need strength in depth in the league to drive us forward!

I care - if you just want to win weak league you'll enjoy the next 3 years. I want us back as a credible force in Europe - that is our true position and having a weak league dies nothing to help those ambitions. it's a sport and I want us back to the top of the strongest league Scotland can produce not the weakest. to do this changes in structure have to be made and we need strength in depth in the league to drive us forward!

BP9 I think your living in the past mate. I don't believe any Scottish club will do ANYTHING like they have done in the past unless there is a massive seachange in world or even European football.

How fragile has the Scottish game been when sky and rangers pull out, it's truly been seen to be fucked.

I realise clubs may base their business model on a certain percentage of income via sky and away fans but baing your whole model on it smacks of nativity.

Having said that, I look forward to the cull. :angry:

BP9 I think your living in the past mate. I don't believe any Scottish club will do ANYTHING like they have done in the past unless there is a massive seachange in world or even European football.

How fragile has the Scottish game been when sky and rangers pull out, it's truly been seen to be fucked.

I realise clubs may base their business model on a certain percentage of income via sky and away fans but baing your whole model on it smacks of nativity.

Having said that, I look forward to the cull. :angry:

Are you saying I and Rangers should lack ambition? It seems some of our fans want a weak league just so its easy to win, it seems some of our fans would rather see others demise rather than look to see how we get stronger.

To accept that the league is always going to get weaker is to accept we receed further and further down in the European / world game - and I am not for accepting that!

Changes have to be made but the ambition should be that the changes strengthen the league and us, not accept that it will weaken it.

What difference does it make if any of us glory in it? If I support or despise the SPL, it will make no difference whatsoever to it, so who cares if I live in a land of schadenfreude?

Demise of others weakens us from a footballl sense - Glorying in others demise is weakness in itself. Glory in it if you want.

Anyone who thinks Scottish football has not already sorted out the gers back in the top flight next season is delusional....they will limp along, of course, and we will be back where we belong.

I have said this since the div 1plan was knocked back....our signing policy should be the most obvious sign in the world of Scottish footballs intentions

I concur. The SPL in its present form will cease to be....will be pushing up daisies....will be singing with the choir invisible....(for more, see 'Dead Parrot' sketch) within 10-months (or less) due to the financial meltdown of at least four of its existing clubs and that a newly formed all-singing-all-dancing Scottish league set-up will 'magically' appear in its place.

Rangers FC will be invited to the top tier.

Hands will be wrung...fists will be clenched....teeth will be bared....but 'invited' we will be.

The truth is - they can't live without us. :sherlock:

Are you saying I and Rangers should lack ambition? It seems some of our fans want a weak league just so its easy to win, it seems some of our fans would rather see others demise rather than look to see how we get stronger.

To accept that the league is always going to get weaker is to accept we receed further and further down in the European / world game - and I am not for accepting that!

Changes have to be made but the ambition should be that the changes strengthen the league and us, not accept that it will weaken it.

What's lacking ambition got to do with it?

I want our enemies DEAD, stadia closed and the financially weakest culled, it's called natural selection or survival of the fittest. We had NO control over the otcome of our situation, others did the deed now they must reap what they have sewn, for Christ sake when u use corn sead in a field you gona grow corn, they knew what was going to happen and actively encouraged it.

When we eventually reach the top division again we can only play who's left. I do not care if all the spl teams are gone.

What's lacking ambition got to do with it?

I want our enemies DEAD, stadia closed and the financially weakest culled, it's called natural selection or survival of the fittest. We had NO control over the otcome of our situation, others did the deed now they must reap what they have sewn, for Christ sake when u use corn sead in a field you gona grow corn, they knew what was going to happen and actively encouraged it.

When we eventually reach the top division again we can only play who's left. I do not care if all the spl teams are gone.

(tu) Totally agree with this. I want Rangers back where they belong and as strong as possible. A strong league helps Rangers.

I don't think this will happen, a. It crash in the SPL, there will be a readjustment and temporary boost in season ticket sales but the reorganisation of Scottish football will take place and Rangers will be part of it. They will however still need to work their way back up the leagues, if the restructure is from 4 leagues to 2 them as long as we win the 3rd division we will have a chance to get I. To the top flight the season after next, which is the last season of our euro ban.