The end of Scottish football?

corkinator

With all the recent news of, clubs literally BEGGING fans to buy season tickets, including, Celtic, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, hibs, Dundee utd, Motherwell, etc, some even phoning old season ticket holders, trawling pubs, leaflets through doors, playing on their historical religious bigotry. Other clubs supplying transport for AWAY fans and clubs "stand alone plans" nothing but empty bravado wrapped in bullshit, is this the beginning of the end for the Scottish game?

I honestly believe we will see more radio shows getting bumped, who is gona listen in? I know of dozens of gers fans already switching off.

traditional boozers in towns, rangers away fans went to, go under, as already some landlords have stated no rangers fans will be catastrophic for business as some make up to 5 times the usual when a rangers game is on in the town.

NO competition, probably for the next 3-5 years, season tickets at every club down apparently. All of Scotland's teams will probably be out of Europe by August.

And by the time we get back to the top flight who knows what wasteland await us.

I genuinely believe it's the end of our game as we have known it, I find it astonishing that a few hundred bigots at every spl club have created this.

Or am I being overly optimistic? :disappointment:

It maybe the end for Scottish football as a wider spectrum, although i think that came a few years ago, it most certainly is not the end for its greatest club, Rangers FC, this is just the beginning(pardon the use of this expression, but it is) of a wonderful chapter in our glorious history. Despite the woes which face the national game i believe we are in a very good place with an outstanding opportunity to grow, and grow within our means. Everything is in place for us, no other Scottish club can boast the resources, stature, fanbase and history that we have, none, we have all the tools needed and now we just need keep supporting our club like we have done and no matter what state Scottish football finds itself in, we will still prosper, i do not believe we need them but i do believe they need us, but fuck them, they have made their bed, they can lie in it, i hope they die in their sleep.

Anyone who thinks Scottish football has not already sorted out the gers back in the top flight next season is delusional....they will limp along, of course, and we will be back where we belong.

I have said this since the div 1plan was knocked back....our signing policy should be the most obvious sign in the world of Scottish footballs intentions

With all the recent news of, clubs literally BEGGING fans to buy season tickets, including, Celtic, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, hibs, Dundee utd, Motherwell, etc, some even phoning old season ticket holders, trawling pubs, leaflets through doors, playing on their historical religious bigotry. Other clubs supplying transport for AWAY fans and clubs "stand alone plans" nothing but empty bravado wrapped in bullshit, is this the beginning of the end for the Scottish game?

I honestly believe we will see more radio shows getting bumped, who is gona listen in? I know of dozens of gers fans already switching off.

traditional boozers in towns, rangers away fans went to, go under, as already some landlords have stated no rangers fans will be catastrophic for business as some make up to 5 times the usual when a rangers game is on in the town.

NO competition, probably for the next 3-5 years, season tickets at every club down apparently. All of Scotland's teams will probably be out of Europe by August.

And by the time we get back to the top flight who knows what wasteland await us.

I genuinely believe it's the end of our game as we have known it, I find it astonishing that a few hundred bigots at every spl club have created this.

Why would you glory in the demise of Scottish Football - that is looking for us to be weaker - there is no doubt that there will be less money kicking about without us in the top flight but it will survive - and as far as I am concerned the last thing Rangers need is a weakened game - we need regime change at the top and the strongest leagues available - and then we need to win them!

Why would you glory in the demise of Scottish Football - that is looking for us to be weaker - there is no doubt that there will be less money kicking about without us in the top flight but it will survive - and as far as I am concerned the last thing Rangers need is a weakened game - we need regime change at the top and the strongest leagues available - and then we need to win them!

I'm not, I'm making an observation.

I doo want clubs to fold though....that's what you call glorying.

Anyone who thinks Scottish football has not already sorted out the gers back in the top flight next season is delusional....they will limp along, of course, and we will be back where we belong.

I have said this since the div 1plan was knocked back....our signing policy should be the most obvious sign in the world of Scottish footballs intentions

any league reconstruction will have to be agreed by the SFL will it not

And with relations between the SFL SPL and SFA at an all time low, an agreement isnt a sure bet

have you ever celebrated a league title based on the strength of the league? what difference does it make how good the league is or how good we are as long as we win the fucker who cares

this

1343764952' post='1060284460']

Thats why players may stay and others sign... I would imagine that they have been given the nod

After recent events in Scottish football it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we found ourselves back in the top league next season.

If it comes to pass I hope our club are savvy enough to keep out of the picture when all the shady deals are brokered, leaving absolutely no doubt in anybodies mind that they are asking us back because they need us.

And any reconstruction is not seen as giving us any preferential treatment.

Let them totally embarass themselves in front of the world as they tear up their sporting integrity stance in public again.

Regardless of league reconstruction our game is as good as dead and was in terminal decline well before we went in to freefall.

The actions of the last few months will take 10 to 20 years to rectify.

Scottish footballs problems last may will be the same problems next may

The game hasn't changed at all it's just a different product this season

The latest tv deal had plenty if conditions

What difference does it make if any of us glory in it? If I support or despise the SPL, it will make no difference whatsoever to it, so who cares if I live in a land of schadenfreude?

The current adminastrators of the Scottish game are not helping, current visionary see 9,035 at a European game the fans have really stepped up to the plate to support their teams in our absence a plague on all their houses

Back in the good old days some bears would have got behind Motherwell, some who lived local may even have gone. The game has become more partisan than ever before. Its what they all want so good luck to them.

the sfa/spl couldnae get its hole in a barrell of fannies GCL, if you think theres some hidden deal, your delusional......fuck the spl, let them rot for their acceptance of bawbag internet fans who said they widnae buy books, half the bawbags saying it have probably never had a book, I for one am looking forward to the "romantic" journey through the leagues safe in the knowledge that my teams getting stronger and the rest of the shit is fading away.........its only a few years away fae the top league but its gonnae be a fun few years if last sunday was anything to go by........NO SURRENDER :21:

Rangers have the opportunity to reinvent the Scottish football business model. It is broken & it does needs fixed.

You're dead right Corkinator, Scottish football is going to change and there's going be a lot of collateral damage. Hopefully natural selection will get rid of the dead wood - unlike the fucking turkeys voting for Christmas we've had undermining our club for the last several years

I think your right, but I don't think it will come about by being invited back in, but perhaps it may be through the courts. If our administration was down to a criminal act then all of the punishments we have received could well be overturned in a court of law.