Dougie Bell & Colin McAdam

Redwhiteandblue

Anyone remember either of these two playing for us?

Reason I ask is Colin McAdam was my PE teacher and Dougie Bell also worked in my school. Used to play football with Dougie every lunch time, he was fucking brilliant. Seen him beat the school record for keepie ups (700) at the first attempt. The ball never lifted more than an inch off his foot when he done it.

Colin's knee was fucked so he couldn't run, but we used to play long shots in PE and if you weren't standing right on your line, he would chip you every single time. He's also the only person to play against his brother in an old firm game.

I just want to know what sort of players they were for us.

Anyone remember either of these two playing for us?

Reason I ask is Colin McAdam was my PE teacher and Dougie Bell also worked in my school. Used to play football with Dougie every lunch time, he was fucking brilliant. Seen him beat the school record for keepie ups (700) at the first attempt. The ball never lifted more than an inch off his foot when he done it.

Colin's knee was fucked so he couldn't run, but we used to play long shots in PE and if you weren't standing right on your line, he would chip you every single time. He's also the only person to play against his brother in an old firm game.

I just want to know what sort of players they were for us.

No he isn't, Tom mcadam played against his brother in an old firm game.

;)

I seen the name Dougie Bell and my body gave an involuntary shudder, was actually not a bad player for the sheep but was brutal for us, Colin McAdam came flying out the traps for us IIRC was fearless going for a header and was like a tank, scored some crackers, not sure but I seem to recall we moved him back to CH I could be wrong but in my defence I did drink copious amounts of alcohol back in the day. LOL.

I seen the name Dougie Bell and my body gave an involuntary shudder, was actually not a bad player for the sheep but was brutal for us, Colin McAdam came flying out the traps for us IIRC was fearless going for a header and was like a tank, scored some crackers, not sure but I seem to recall we moved him back to CH I could be wrong but in my defence I did drink copious amounts of alcohol back in the day. LOL.

I remember asking him what position he played. His answer - " I didn't really have a position, I was just told to go on the park and kick fuck out of people"

Aye, Dougie is an Aberdeen legend, won a European medal. At leastb I can say I have played football with someone with a European medal haha. He never looked down when he was dribbling, his head was always up.

small world mate. Big Wurzel McAdam (cos of the crow's nest of hair lhe had like Wurzel Gummage's straw hair) was my PE teacher at Secondary school in the East End. Used to bring Roughie up with him to the school as he was still at Thistle. That was in 1978/79 and then he signed with the Gers and chucked the school work. Remember when we played Thistle at Frihill and he was their CF. We where on the terracing behind the goal at a corner. a few of us where shouting , "Mr McAdam , Mr McAdam Sir.." to grab his attention. Before the corner came over he turned and said , "what is it?".....we all shouted back "your shite!"...."I'll see you all on Monday" was his reply. Those where the days my friend. LOL

Absolutely spot on!