Bar 72

saralou85

Hi guys, i'm new to these forums so hello to you all!

I bought tickets for the 9IAR game yesterday and have went for the Bar 72 area! never been to this before as my season ticket is in the Govan East corner.

Just wondering what i can expect? anyone got any pics of it or details of whats available? Is the booze expensive? Whats the food like etc?

Your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, i'm new to these forums so hello to you all!

I bought tickets for the 9IAR game yesterday and have went for the Bar 72 area! never been to this before as my season ticket is in the Govan East corner.

Just wondering what i can expect? anyone got any pics of it or details of whats available? Is the booze expensive? Whats the food like etc?

Your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Welcome buddy - I have a season ticket there and wrote a wee article on it a while back:

http://www.rangersmedia.com/issue3/#1

Have a wee read (tu)

The booze is a fair price - about the same as outside the ground. The food is not too bad - main thing is you dont have to queue for it!

Any futher questions after the article - just post in here & Ill get back to you

Thanks pal, looks pretty good actually!

I'm looking forward to it now! What time does it open on a match day? I'm guessing because the 9IAR game is on a Sunday that normal laws will apply, no booze before 12.30pm?

Whats it like getting a beer at half time, i'd imagine pretty busy eh?

S

I'm looking forward to it now! What time does it open on a match day? I'm guessing because the 9IAR game is on a Sunday that normal laws will apply, no booze before 12.30pm?

S

On a Sunday it opens 2 hrs before Kick-off & for 2 hrs after the game

You are not able to buy bevvy at halftime - :( due to the Licensing agreement with the SFA

You'll enjoy im sure (tu)

S

You are not able to buy bevvy at halftime - :( due to the Licensing agreement with the SFA

Thanks mate! I'm sure i will!

One last question... Is there windows so you can watch the pre-match build up whilst enjoying your pint aye?

S

Thanks mate! I'm sure i will!

One last question... Is there windows so you can watch the pre-match build up whilst enjoying your pint aye?

There are windows - but they face out to the shipyards! :classier_than_pipeguy:

You tend to finish your pints and head down 15 mins before kick off -most do anyways (depends on the weather....amount of beer,..etc!)

otherwise watch it on the many plasmas

welcome to RM 85, great to have another good member. I was at your birth ;)

Seriously, have a great time and enjoy man, good people here and will always help out if needed, thats not a problem :)

Regarding signatures and avatars, there is a board devoted to that on main page.

Thanks JR and Coopermania!

Glad i joined, seems to be banter aplenty! Used to be on the old BBC forum, never got round to joining RM but here i am, better late than never!

S

No worries (tu)

Have a good look around and if you need any help give us a shout

Happy posting :beer2:

S

Mate at work is a season ticket holder at the Kerrydale Suite at the Tattie Bowl, and he gets booze at halftime! I was his guest at the last Motherwell game at the bowl and was supping on Carling at half time! Why is timmy allowed booze at halftime, but not BAr 72?

S

Mate at work is a season ticket holder at the Kerrydale Suite at the Tattie Bowl, and he gets booze at halftime! I was his guest at the last Motherwell game at the bowl and was supping on Carling at half time! Why is timmy allowed booze at halftime, but not BAr 72?

They aren't .. if they are selling booze at halftime then they are breaking the law, simple as ... you should report them ;)

S

They aren't .. if they are selling booze at halftime then they are breaking the law, simple as ... you should report them ;)

Na, I would be amazed if they would break the law like that, there must be a loophole....but as I said it is 100% Fact that they sell booze at halftime in the Kerrydale suite, and also the area in the long 2 tier stand with leather seats. Not everyone who sits their can go in the bar, you need a pass. Also, no jeans and trainers are permitted in the bars!

Back to original question, why are they allowed to sell booze before the match, at haltime and after the match; and Bar 72 aint?