Louden tonight

1690tamRFC

8 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Always comes across as a gentleman mate. Seen him in the city centre trying to carry loads of Xmas presents one year before he jumped into a taxi to escape me pestering him :lol:

That really is a great thing for him to offer you because it sounds like he's offering his own time and basically hosting skills along with the cost. Can't be many footballers who would do that. What makes it even more special is we're talking about a man who could have played anywhere and been a class act. 

Off topic but are you the guy that rips the filth to shreds in all those Old Firm documentaries. Mind one were the owner of the Louden said something along the lines of Rangers is Scottish football, end off, apart from when it comes to building statues, they're good at that :lol:

Fair play to you if so :thumbup:

Edit, I was actually joking when I said he jumped in a taxi to get away from me. I never approached him. Just thinking there my joke might make him look less humble than the man obviously is from people's accounts on this thread.

I should have said it was for 2 people- just shows the generosity!

And that is my dad who is renowned for winding up the tims! He's banned from here ?

8 hours ago, ben51 said:

Met him once in Glasgow and genuinely believe he was more excited to talk to me than vice versa. A fantastic guy and fantastic bear. :rangers:

I met him at the fort a few years back, said hello and shook his hand, as I was walking away, he pulled me back and started chatting to me, his wife and kids just standing there. Felt awkward as fuck ?