13 happy members

minstral

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Id be interested to know within the economics of this arguement just how you arrive at the figure of a couple of million quid bauba.

Yesterday we had a veariety of posts where the amount of money was specualted on - most started at 10 million pounds, some went as high as 20 million

In reality, the money that is split is the TV money right? I beleive that our share now compared to what we would have gotten if Celtic got knocked out is just under 5 million. happy to stand corrected if need be. Just info I got second hand.

Now, compare that to the scenario that if we both get to the last 16, knock our co-efficient up to the point where we dont have to qualify for the group stages the next 3 or 4 years

Say 4 years, that would guarantee the club a potential windfall of anywhere between 32 and 40 million pounds, minimum. (meaning we could always win the thing and get a lot more)

I just like the idea of guaranteeing that windfall

If we do that, and our coefficient was safe from falling to a level where we would lose that guarantee - then Celtic can start getting gubbed in Europe again lol

Well 2 points to that...

Firstly a useful link...

Champions League Money explained.

Though it only runs up to 2005 - it gives a flavour of how complicated it is.

1. Even if we take the bottom figure being banded about - £10 million - if we had qualified and they had not - then we would have received the full £10 million - whereas now we will share that money. Thats a figure of 5 million quid based on the most conservative estimate of CL money - and more than double the amount you are quoting.

2. Even with them qualifying I doubt it will make a dramatic impact on our co-efficient - it hasnt the last 2 years when both teams have qualified from the group stages..albeit consecutive years.... and we still find ourselves playing qualifiers.

Id be interested to know within the economics of this arguement just how you arrive at the figure of a couple of million quid bauba.

Yesterday we had a veariety of posts where the amount of money was specualted on - most started at 10 million pounds, some went as high as 20 million

In reality, the money that is split is the TV money right? I beleive that our share now compared to what we would have gotten if Celtic got knocked out is just under 5 million. happy to stand corrected if need be. Just info I got second hand.

Now, compare that to the scenario that if we both get to the last 16, knock our co-efficient up to the point where we dont have to qualify for the group stages the next 3 or 4 years

Say 4 years, that would guarantee the club a potential windfall of anywhere between 32 and 40 million pounds, minimum. (meaning we could always win the thing and get a lot more)

I just like the idea of guaranteeing that windfall

If we do that, and our coefficient was safe from falling to a level where we would lose that guarantee - then Celtic can start getting gubbed in Europe again lol

Well 2 points to that...

Firstly a useful link...

Champions League Money explained.

Though it only runs up to 2005 - it gives a flavour of how complicated it is.

1. Even if we take the bottom figure being banded about - £10 million - if we had qualified and they had not - then we would have received the full £10 million - whereas now we will share that money. Thats a figure of 5 million quid based on the most conservative estimate of CL money - and more than double the amount you are quoting.

2. Even with them qualifying I doubt it will make a dramatic impact on our co-efficient - it hasnt the last 2 years when both teams have qualified from the group stages..albeit consecutive years.... and we still find ourselves playing qualifiers.

I said the difference would be just under 5 million, you provided a link saying it would be 5 million. Cool - we agree

Agree about the coefficient - it would need 2 teams haveing a 2 or 3 year spell where we were both successful, say, last 16. I think that would have enough of an impact. Certainly, one of us doing it wont help all that much. Which is fine if you can guarantee us that we will win the next 10 titles and win our qualifying round every time

Listen bauba g , stick to what you`re good at. Winding Rangers fans up.............................."we should be celebrating"............sometimes I fucking wonder if its worth logging fucking on here. Oh and you`re right there. I HATE Celtic

Will you chill man? You are doing yourself no favors here

Better just to put the 13 on ignore ... they only do it to be annoying so don’t give them the opportunity

By all means, go ahead and do it - at least then I wont have to deal with the likes of you again, which believe me, would delight me no end

Better just to put the 13 on ignore ... they only do it to be annoying so don’t give them the opportunity

By all means, go ahead and do it - at least then I wont have to deal with the likes of you again, which believe me, would delight me no end

Listen bauba g son, no disrespect intended but you obviously haven`t been brought up with the whole political divide thing. You live in an area full of plastic paddys where no-one gives a fuck about Rangers and it`s rubbed off on you.

Edited D'Artagnan

Leonhard - please refer to PM

I said the difference would be just under 5 million, you provided a link saying it would be 5 million. Cool - we agree

Actually Bauba - if you check what you wrote you suggested a couple of million.

2) We will lose out on 50 squillion quid (in reality a couple of million)