Next Manager, Most Important Ever?

In recent years we have all seen our squad get poorer as a result of expensive pay offs, players not living up to the hype they arrived with and non suffficent funds to replace the quality going out. There has been little evidence to suggest that the next manager will have an open cheque book either and with there only being a few weeks available to make changes in Jan it gives him very little time to wave what many people hope, myself included, will be a magic wand.

We have also seen the man who was dubbed as our saviour leave us in a wake of contreversy and dissapointment judging by the hype he brought with him.

The club is sitting second at the moment, but only just. The league is beyond us, but a few positive results along with Celtic's inconsistant form could see us close the gap to at least make it look more respectable, whears a few bad results could see us lingering in 4th or 5th place.

With rumours of DM wanting to sell up in the not to distant future, we need to be pushing for the title and making European progress or else there will be a lack of interest in our club from major investors

Therfore it begs the question: Could it be that the 13th manager of Glasgow Rangers could very well be the most important in our clubs history?

I say this because of the reasons stated above. IMO He has to hit the ground running because we are sitting in a very precarious position or he may find himself in a battle for a UEFA Cup Spot, which many bears will tell you is not good enough. He has to show strength and passion in the dressing room and publicly as our players must all be walking on egg shells due to rumours of dressing room divides and player power. And with a massive question mark hanging over how much money will be available, he has to use the money he gets right or we could have another series of flops on our hands.

If he fails in these areas then it could very well be the fan base alone that leaves us with any credibility as a big club!

The next managerial appointment is the most important one. If we get it wrong again and the manager fails then I dont know what the future will hold for the club.

I don't know who the next manager is going to be, but the names being banged about are either ex players, managers or British. At least they know the club, know the passion, expectations and what it takes to make this club succeed.

One thing tho, Murray must back them with hard cash as this squad is simply not good enough. I think he will (tu)