FIA official to be appointed to ensure fair play...

An FIA official is going to be appointed to ensure that Alonso is treated fairly at the final race of the F1 season.

The FIA's move comes after Spanish Motorsport Federation chief Carlos Gracia said he had spoken to FIA President Max Mosley about the issue.

"I showed my concern over the situation that Fernando is going through, which is no secret, and he [Mosley] reassured me," said Gracia.

"The FIA are going to have an official who is going to watch very closely that nothing bad happens to Fernando, above all in qualifying, which is where there have been most complaints or strange situations in recent races."

Now don't get me wrong, hasn't it been Alonso who had caused problems in qualifying and actually penalised in a race for blocking Hamilton?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/7038494.stm

An FIA official is going to be appointed to ensure that Alonso is treated fairly at the final race of the F1 season.

The FIA's move comes after Spanish Motorsport Federation chief Carlos Gracia said he had spoken to FIA President Max Mosley about the issue.

"I showed my concern over the situation that Fernando is going through, which is no secret, and he [Mosley] reassured me," said Gracia.

"The FIA are going to have an official who is going to watch very closely that nothing bad happens to Fernando, above all in qualifying, which is where there have been most complaints or strange situations in recent races."

Now don't get me wrong, hasn't it been Alonso who had caused problems in qualifying and actually penalised in a race for blocking Hamilton?

No, Alonso only followed team orders from Mclaren. Then Hamilton spat the dummy in the press to make Alonso look like the bad one.

No, Alonso only followed team orders from Mclaren. Then Hamilton spat the dummy in the press to make Alonso look like the bad one.

I'm sure stewards did find him guilty though in a qualifying session recently and he dropped a few places because of it?

Either way it's going to be an interesting weekend! :rolleyes: