Feel Good Factor?

AmazingWill

I was just wondering how everyone else felt about all these rumours going on at the moment. These last few days have turned the club upside down and im feeling very good about the direction we seem to be heading in now.

Im sure im not alone when I say I was unsure of us under paul le guen especially after "barry-gate" but if we do manage to bring in coisty and walter smith i would be incredibly happy.

Also regarding the transfer rumours i think webster, thomson and brown would be great additions to our squad not least because they are all young scottish lads. With them coming and Walter Smith and Coisty back in were back to being a properly scottish squad again and i think thats very encouraging!

Any thoughts guys???

Yeah, i like the look of the signings but none of the deals are done yet so we will have to wait on that. As for Walter i just don't know why he would come back and risk his reputation with the Gers fans when he is in a winning job as Scotland manager. He has always maintained that he would never come back so i wonder what changed his mind.

indeed..I have a sense of real pride back which to be honest was a little bit lacking recently... I think I will buy the game on the internet on Sunday for the first time this year..that in itself says something don't it?

I was just wondering how everyone else felt about all these rumours going on at the moment. These last few days have turned the club upside down and im feeling very good about the direction we seem to be heading in now.

Im sure im not alone when I say I was unsure of us under paul le guen especially after "barry-gate" but if we do manage to bring in coisty and walter smith i would be incredibly happy.

Also regarding the transfer rumours i think webster, thomson and brown would be great additions to our squad not least because they are all young scottish lads. With them coming and Walter Smith and Coisty back in were back to being a properly scottish squad again and i think thats very encouraging!

Any thoughts guys???

Good post Will.

Since yesterday's departure of Le Crazy Frog and the prospect of Smith and Ally coming in, I've had a feeling of togetherness about our family again, something I have not felt since the 9 in a row days. Maybe sentimentality but who cares, right now we need unity on and off the pitch and we need to get pride back in our performances. I am certain Smith and Ally will bring this.

Back in the days of 9 iar, we had a lot of consistently good performances which resulted from a strong sense of team unity, ability and pride. Some games were won with attacking football from the off and some were won by doing the "not very pretty" stuff for an hour then turning on the style.

A lot of us remember those days very fondly, we as fans were as one and so was the team. I still get a tear in the eye when I watch the 9 iar vid. I was going to games before the Souness era but when he came it obviously changed things big style, then he left and Wattie took charge. From then on our fans couldn't get enough of us, travelling all over the country without match tickets and touring pubs asking for spares.

Anyway, enough of the sentimental rambling. Bottom line is that if Smith and Ally bring half of that feeling back then I will be a very happy bear.

<bouncy>

Yeah eastcoastbear I do think the general good vibe around now is a lot down to sentimentality but i dont think thats a bad thing! The first thing me and my mates spoke about when this all happened was who we could get to replace le guen and every single name was an ex ger.

The one thing thats guaranteed that Walter and Coisty will bring to the club ( if they do actually come of course ) is a stronger sense of unity, a team spirit thats obviously been lacking since le goon arrived. Hopefully that will breed confidence and in turn help us develop some consistency, who knows sebo might even start scoring!!! :D

'

"Also regarding the transfer rumours i think webster, thomson and brown would be great additions to our squad not least because they are all young scottish lads. With them coming and Walter Smith and Coisty back in were back to being a properly scottish squad again and i think thats very encouraging! "

There's only one problem with this back to a Scottish identity thing

Boruc

Naylor

Balde

Nakamura

Graveson

Hesselink

Majeski (?)

They are not going to go Scottish and as long as they invest in players from outside our country and we don't match their spend we will not challenge them.