I hope if Brown and Thompson go to celtic

J_RFC87

They sit in the reserves and do nothing like Derek Riordan. DJ jsut said they want to sign for Celtic.

Thing is, did Brown say this after it had been suggested that Rangers had cooled their interest?

If not, i'm shocked!!!! People always go on about how big a bluenose he is so if Rangers were still interested why on earth would he say he'd prefer Celtic.

ok Rangers are struggling while Celtic are running away with the league but for a true Rangers fan surely such a scenario would only enhance your desire to change such a situation and join your boyhood heroes.

Brown is a bluenose, and with Walter hopefully coming to Ibrox you would think that would be more tempting for him.

Id be dissapointed if they go to septic though, its just them scoring more points off the pitch aswell as on it, regardless if they are on the bench or not.

Rangers have obviously cooled their interest on them. Probably because we can't afford them which would just show a lack of ambition.

Or maybe Smith doesn't think they are right for Rangers and he wants more experienced guy's?

DJ just said that Brown would walk crawl along the M8 on broken glass to play for Rangers!

I've heard EXACTLY the same comment from a completely different source.

I think the problem is far too many sources and we simply dont know which one is correct. I dont see any player in Brown and Thomsons position would rule out a club like Rangers, especially Brown who is a diehard blue nose.

DJ just said that Brown would walk crawl along the M8 on broken glass to play for Rangers!

I've heard EXACTLY the same comment from a completely different source.

Oops, my mistake, I was thinking of another of our signing targets.

Nevertheless, the fact is Brown's a bluenose, and would rather play for us than the tims, but that he's a mercenary willing to go the highest bidder pretty much sums him up.

Funny thing is, is that wrong? Is it wrong for a player to want to go where they'll get the most money?

imho, it might not be. And it's our own fault for not paying what Hibs value him at.

And it's certainly not the first time in recent years we've haggled over price.

It's actually gone beyond embarrassing.

We lost out on Riorden (thankfully) over a matter of ?50k.

Says on the bbc that the two of them will not be leaving hibs untill the summer, this is good news in my opinion because celtic seem to be the favourites to sign them just now and then by summer we can ignite our interest if they do well for hibs in the rest of the season.

thats exactly what i was thinking about posting :)

Says on the bbc that the two of them will not be leaving hibs untill the summer, this is good news in my opinion because celtic seem to be the favourites to sign them just now and then by summer we can ignite our interest if they do well for hibs in the rest of the season.

Can't see 6 months making a difference to our biscuit tin.

You never know, a good run in the uefa cup could get us some dosh, surely murray has to give up some money when he sees how bad our situation in now, never mind at the end of the season

You never know, a good run in the uefa cup could get us some dosh, surely murray has to give up some money when he sees how bad our situation in now, never mind at the end of the season

We had a stunning run in the CL to the tune of about ?16M last season. We've seen Sebo and a bunch of Bosmans as a result.

A good run in the Uefa Cup won't help if Murray's not willing to spend the money we make.

We had a stunning run in the CL to the tune of about ?16M last season. We've seen Sebo and a bunch of Bosmans as a result.

A good run in the Uefa Cup won't help if Murray's not willing to spend the money we make.

I agree completely but Murray surely must realise that we are not going to get any better or improve our situation without a huge injection of funds

I agree completely but Murray surely must realise that we are not going to get any better or improve our situation without a huge injection of funds

We can only hope m8.

Remember, we need to "keep believing"

:lol::pipe: